Is Apple Planning to Also Unveil a Mac Tablet This Year?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageIs Apple Planning to Also Unveil a Mac Tablet This Year?

Folks at TechCrunch report trusted sources as revealing that Apple might be working on yet another Tablet device that could make its launch within the next one year. We must caution you that this information has been obtained from second hand sources and so need to be taken with a...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iphone 3gs
    iphone 3gs Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

it's already got out, and it's just a gigantic ipod.

• derp
    derp Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

^ in addition to the ipad, a separate product artard

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

....WOW, once again learn how to READ, you would obviously see in the article that it is not about the Ipad,

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

How about just putting what the client wants , simple netbooks already have more stuff than IPADTOUCH....hmmm that GOOGLE NETBOOK sounds interesting to me...love the iphone but if Steve continues this banning of useful stuff like flash and multitasking on his products I hear the NOKIA N900 is a great phone ...I mean seriously if it wasn't because of the DEV TEAM and GEOHOT I wouldn't have bought my iphone 2g,3g,3gs....

• Eshhh
    Eshhh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would rather spend over a thousand dollars on a tablet that could at least POTENTIALLY replace my laptop as opposed to almost a thousand dollars on a tablet that would not even replace my phone. I might be greedy but I am looking for real innovation here, full os tablet is a must I think. I would like to be able to use applications like office, have a full internet experience, and then link via bluetooth or wifi to my printer to print. Something closer to a macbook air turned into a tablet would have been more impressive to me last week. At least then we are still trying to move forward.

• unreal
    unreal Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

it will have to run OSX (and linux and windows - at least in VM) *and* have a webcam for me to consider it.

In the same form factor, I'd sooner take a android/linux (and god help me, windows - 'cause I could switch it to linux) tablet than an iphone OS one. And in the same form factor + an integrated webcam I wouldn't even think about an ipad.

My jailbroken iphone already does more than the ipad *and* is more portable (pocketable).

For non-pocketable devices, my laptop already does more than the ipad.

It must be able to largely replace at least one of my devices. I don't need a third device.

Hey Steve, I'm going to give you a free clue: The number of portable devices a person should be expected to own should not exceed the number of hands a person has. The ipad can't adequately substitute for laptop or phone *and* it was your choice to make it that way. You were wrong. Man up, guy. You're not right about everything.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I would be absolutely psyched if Apple came out with a MacTablet.... hmmmmm sounds like a burger.

• Thorn
    Thorn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Apple did it with the iPhone n hopefully they will do it with the ipad,
    set a high but passable standard for all it's compedators so in the end the one who end up winning is the consumer just think of what nokia, samsung, lg phones would b like if they didn't have to compete with something new. Just be patiant n belive the desire for the companies that compete for market share like money. Well that's just my positive net snicale openion

• eone
    eone Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

i agree with ya there, if it wasnt for the great minds of dev team and geohot... i wouldnt have switched from an android G1 to the 3G. Mr. Jobs seriously needs to reconsider the banning of such prime features... e.g. flash, multi-tasking...

the android was capable of all that and a bucket of chicken...

i would also like to give big ups to cydia and its affiliates.