Exploit Discovered to Unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageExploit Discovered to Unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3

If you accidentally upgraded your unlocked iPhone to iPhone OS 3.1.3 that was released last week then we have some good news to report. iPhone hacking expert, Sherif Hasim has announced that he has discovered an exploit in the baseband (05.12.01) that is bundled with iPhone OS 3.1.3 that should...

Read the full story here

Comments

• dwight
    dwight Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Still waiting for a tethered jailbreak fix. Come on dev team or geohot.

• IphoneRules
    IphoneRules Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

it been awhile that geohot reported any new about the new firmware or iphone

• nubs
    nubs Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Didn't Geohot switch to hacking the PS3?

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Yeah, read somewhere that he's not rewriting the hack for iPhone anymore. Typical student, does one good thing in life then sits back and quits. He's hoping for PS3 glory now. Wonder if Sony will copy the X-Box and block hacked units from online gaming.
    As is life though, one player drops out and another better player steps in. Nice work Sherif!!

• Rude
    Rude Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Man you are a moron, hoping for PS3 glory? GEOHOT was the first to unlock the iphone, and the first to unlock every baseband after that until this 3.1.3.. dont hate, just be glad it was done, if he chooses to focus his attention on the ps3 then who are you to say anything about him?

• ae6057
    ae6057 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Hoe about just jailbreak 3.1.3 ? is this good for it too ? or it is just for unlocking

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Yeah, hoping for psp glory
    maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the ICY team (Russian team) that first JB the iPhone, followed by the Dev team, followed by Geohot?
    Your quite wrong, I don't hate him, I admire his talent, but to score 1 victory and then walk off to other projects is a 'Student' thing
    are you a student too then Rude? Is that why you justify your posts beginning? Are you one of those spotty oiks that litter starbucks and any bar with a cheap drink? Sticking up for the lazy arsed students? Or are you just an arse licking type? Bet you donated to Blackra1n too? (yeah right, I believe you)
    nah, your just a regular dickslap in a bit pot of Internet nobodies, shame your father didn't have the snip before you came along and saved the net from at least one more muppet, but he didn't, I'd have paypal'd him a donation but it's too late now :( your here

• lanky
    lanky Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Nice personal attack there. Makes me wonder what side of the bed you got out of.

He did more then one hack of the iPhone. Feel free to read up on it. Hardware based hack to give you some help. First proper Jailbreak fro mwhat I can find the first Jailbreak open to the public was the Iphone Dev Team.. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10115200-233.html

At the end of the day. You comment on him in such a way.. and it would make some people wonder, what did you do for the mass market to become an authority?

• Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

Ya just jailbreak the freaking 05.12.01 already.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Nothing on Apple products, but a junior design engineer on the first Intel Pentium 5v & sub 5v processors, hardware design for Samsung & LG HDD's (pre 40Gb) NTL (now virgin media, uk) Hardware technician, server & routing via fibre optics. Specsat engineer for global sat uplinks for uk military.
    The sort of stuff that let's you use the hardware you have today was my contribution.
    Should I continue??
    Ok, a serious bike accident has ended my career, but **** happens
    oh, and I do say what comes to mind if called a 'moron'

• Paulius
    Paulius Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Hey guys, I was wondering, if I have a locked Iphone 3gs, and it is asking me for a valid SIM, if I jailbreak it in order to unlock it, will I be able to unlock without a valid SIM card or do I have to have one? Because from what i can see i cant go to menus without the sim inserted. Thanks.

• Giri
    Giri Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I'm waiting for the new tool to unlock the "unlocked/jailbroken + software upgraded" iphone.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Just wait for iPhone 4.0....kind of pointless to focus on 3.12

• Vince
    Vince Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

OK, but no need to come across as such a "moron" by labelling Geohot as some kind of quitter student. he contributed lots. If he is challenging himself to something other than your favourite phone, well boo-hoo to f**king you. You don't read as if you contributed squate based on your posts leading up to your "claims" of working on Intel processors, and HDD designs.. so I doubt you really did. I doubt you've even had a motorbike accident and if you did, you're a "moron" and it was probably your own fault.

• SN
    SN Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • TimW
    via Wordpress

Oooh, another one who's parents are brother & sister!!
    Bandwagon vince, jump on and play your families national anthem...the tune from deliverance!!

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Move over GeoHot, there's a new "Sherif" in town.

• Oliver
    Oliver Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Ok well this is starting to annoy me a lot, because I still dont see any point in leaving out a jailbreak for this seasons 3.1.3 new bootrom. Dev team, please dont leave us out, lots of us have a messed up 3gs now and wee cant wait until 4.0 in (perhaps summer)..

• pices
    pices Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi all,

i'm a bit confused by all the publications on this 3.1.3 jailbreak...
    i have a brand new iphone 3gs.
    i don't need to unlock it i only want to jailbreak.
    is it possible to jailbreak my 3gs using one of these tools?

• todrn2
    todrn2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This tether profile works for me on jailbroken 3.1.3. Just go to,(in Safari)

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/11/03/tutorial-how-to-tether-on-an-iphone-3g-or-3gs-running-os-3-1-2/

Skip to step 8 and click the link

Works great and VVM still works too!

• todrn
    todrn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The tethering hack in step 8 from this site

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/11/03/tutorial-how-to-tether-on-an-iphone-3g-or-3gs-running-os-3-1-2/

works for 3.1.3. must be jailbroken, I used redsn0w 0.9.4 and is still locked. MMS ans VVM still work and haven't had any issues.

• derbo68@empal.com
    via Wordpress

We are waiting your Good Product for 3.1.3 in Baseband 05.12.01 at 3Gs in korea users.

• Quit yer whinging
    via Wordpress

So if you're so **** hot, why don't you contribute yourself rather than sitting back abusing those who have actually done something. You come across like a whiney little script kiddie. Remind me again, what does geohot owe you personally?

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Kin'ell!! Another fkin inbred takes a break from 'inserting tongue into Geohots ass'
    All TimW stated was that Hotz was a student who is now hoping for PS3 glory (now he's beaten the iPhone)
    he's right about students too, conquer a single goal and quit is the outlook of the majority of students, most of them use the phrase "want fries with that" after finishing 4 years study anyway.
    @Vince. I seriously hope you suffer an RTA one day too, hopefully fatal to your family so you can call yourself a moron then too

• Doggz
    Doggz Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Just relax. There will be something soon. All you can do for the moment is jailbreak. Instructions are found on this site. There is no available way to unlock the carrier unless you have Bootloader ver 05.08

If you have 05.09 you can't unlock. For those who want to check what ver Bootloader they have you must have a jailbroken 3.1.3 iphone and installed "fuzzyband" via cydia. This will tell you if you can down grade or not. If you can down grade then you're one of the lucky ones as you can down grade to 05.08 and then unlock you carrier. Use "Snowbreeze" to jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 to 3.1.3. Don't ask any more question on this here as the info is available on the site if you look for it.

• Geldpress
    Geldpress Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello. My iphone is already jailbroken and unlocked, but it is on 3.0 firmware and 04.26.08 baseband.

I want to upgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 but all of the posts on this board seem to be about unlocking or jail breaking - nothing about performing a simple upgrade on a device which is already unlocked.

I dont want to use itunes to do the upgrade because I know it will upgrade to a locked version of 3.1.3.

Which tool should I use to perform a simple upgrade?

• Hello
    Hello Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

accidently upgrade the new version 3.1.3 with base band 05.12.01 on my iphone 3gs.my bootloder is 6.4. now it says ur sim is invalid. my iphone is lock.

is there way to downgrade the version?

why cydia is automatically removed after updating 3.1.3 version?
    how can i unlock my iphone?

is there possible to get my cydia back to my iphone?

• iom_jack
    iom_jack Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

how much LONG??? 3 are already been discovered but none of them are available yet!!!!

• jboi919
    jboi919 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

check this,
    i uploaded to 3.1.3 by accident on 3g, now theres no wifi at all anywhere and i cant get on internet bc i dont have att any help?

• hahahahaha
    hahahahaha Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hahahahahah you are all the gayest fucking nerds i've ever seen