ZoomIt Allows iPhone Users to Access Content From an SD Card [iPhone Accessory]

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageZoomIt Allows iPhone Users to Access Content From an SD Card [iPhone Accessory]

Mac peripheral maker ZoomMediaPlus will be launching an interesting iPhone accessory at MacWorld today. ZoomIt is an SD card reader that users can connect to their iPhone to access external photos, videos, music and other documents. ZoomIt SD card adapter is an application-driven hardware, which will require users to download...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Useful, but quite pricey. Kind of a pain to carry around an accessory with your iphone though.

Wouldn't it have been nice if apple products already had built-in SD card/memory stick slots? It would have been especially useful on the iPad.

Leave it once again to Apple to "not" include what consumers really want/need and make us have to go out and spend more money on separate external devices.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I agree, it would be nice to see this built in because not only would it be more mobile than having to carry this accessory around, but would save us money and maybe even function better. That said, I actually think this is fairly priced given the fact that you can double (or triple) the size of your iPhones storage space without having to buy a new iPhone.

• james ur dady
    james ur dady Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

looks ugly.i hate those attached accessory u look like an idiot when your carry
    them.so i like built in stuff even they make the phone expensive i don t mind it.
    that s why i like to see sd card and IR, front face camera flash light built in in the
    next iphone .

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

This seems useful, but kind would suck if you were using it for music? You could snap it pretty easily. It would be better if it were wider. Covering more space so a bit harder to snap it. Still really useful, I definitely want one.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Shame it's not a 'flexi' cable attachment so the unit could sit at the rear of the device

• akrimay
    akrimay Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
  • Scott J
    Scott J Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I like the idea so I can take pictures with my canon sx10-is and be able to connect this to send a picture via email right away without the need of a pc.

• jewman
    jewman Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

just because a few people want an sd card slot on there iphone doesn't mean the rest of the 50 million users want it i do think its a cool feature but would ad weight cost and potential for failure and ruin the solid clean design of the phone while almost never being used because everyone with an iphone has a computer already il keep my iphone the way it is thank you

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

There should be a version of this built into a case. Similar to the battery case that recharges the phone, and has the slot built into it. Nothing bulky that could break off and would fit easy in a pocket.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Just emailed the company to request 'a flexible docking extension cable' option (male to female-in line) so the Zoomit adapter could be attached to the rear of the unit or case (stickyGel) whilst in use as it would make the unit cumbersome and has a real risk of socket (dock) damage. If the user is happy with a permanent fixture, they can attach via whatever adhesive ('flexi' cable removable)
    if all who like this idea do likewise, maybe they will provide ;)

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Zoomit@zoommediaplus.com

• metronome
    metronome Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

This would be good to store your films on when commuting and travelling thus giving you more storage when needed and not take up additional memory when you're not interested in watching things. Essentially don't use up built in memory for less frequntly used media

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Maybe a micro sd slot would be better. I think millions would love the abilty to upgrade your storage space at anytime. I know I regret getting the 16GB and not dishing out the extra $100 for a 32GB iPhone.

• Wow no one likes you. Almost everyone would love that. I would, I have the 3gs 32 gb and I've ran out before, it sure would have been nice to just pop in even just 8 gb. So ya, everyone could us it at some point. And it could work like the sim card tray

• FuzzyGuy
    FuzzyGuy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Well, one person shouldnt speak for a million either.
    Including a card or USB slot wont add enough weight that you cant carry. Also, the design wont be too effected, you can always hide a slot with a cover.
    But, obviously Steve Jobs would just say we make products we like, buy it if you want dont buy it if you dont. And thats plain rude.

• Extremely disappointed
    via Wordpress
    It's USB 1.0 people. It's a piece of S.H.I.T and takes 5 minutes to transfer 4 megs. Buyer BEWARE!!!