Is iPad's VGA Video Output Good Enough?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageIs iPad's VGA Video Output Good Enough?

In December last year, the New York Times wrote an article titled "2010 - The Year of the Tablet" where it predicted that we shall use the Tablet to consume media in the future. That is exactly what Steve Jobs has envisioned for the iPad too. That being the case,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• wee
    wee Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Now iPad trend is very cool.

• InSovietRussiaPhoneEyesYou
    via Wordpress

The iPad is just a gigantic iPod Touch that's less portable (ie. it doesn't fit in your pocket). And the lack of HDMI is just another example of Apple deliberately not delivering the best they can so that next year they can bring out a minor upgrade that does have it. They've done it with the iPhone (the 3GS is a perfect example) and they've done it with the iPod Touch (need a camera anyone?).

I can see there being enough sales to keep this thing afloat (the fanboys alone can handle that) but I really can't see the iPad as a long term product unless it undergoes some serious hardware and software revisions (Modbook much?).

• Kevin Baron
    Kevin Baron Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There is little need for hdmi. Nor is there much need for vga. How many people will actual use such a function. The device is designed for web surfing, playing apps and watching video. Let's no fool ourselves and suggest this device should do more then that. Sure it could. But a small amount of people will actually wanna even try this. The only actual feature missing is a webcam. Which apeals to a small amount of people. It doesnt need USB. Like some have suggested. What USB device would you actually wanna connected to the ipad? I mean really, whats the point of USB. It's a portable device. Much like a iphone. Alot less like a laptop. Make no mistake, people will not be ditching there laptop because it has usb.

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

who will use USB? are you dumb? maybe i'd like to connect a mouse and keyboard to play games, WITHOUT having to buy a bluetooth set. What if i want to connect a web cam? u say it doesn't NEED one but why not add one? They are cheap

• SullyD
    SullyD Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This comment is exactly the reason you should stay away from the iPad. Apple could have put this out with current technology that could have cornered the market, but without hdmi, and the ability to charge the iPad and at the same time have an sd port or usb port available, this product needs some serious upgrades before I would even consider purchasing this product or any sdimilar products.

• Devin
    Devin Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I don't care at all about the lack of HDMI-

I doubt I'll use VGA (other than watching the occasional movie on my tv). And USB is pretty useless as well on this type of device- a mouse would be incompatible with a touchscreen, a keyboard is kinda pointless since the onscreen keyboard is supposed to be just as great, and most people wouldn't use a webcam.
    Yeah, a camera (and a webcam) would be nice, but how many of you guys are ACTUALLY going to pull your iPad out of your bag to snap a quick photo? None of you. Everyone that has an iPad is almost guaranteed to have a cellphone with a camera as well, so a camera on the iPad would be pretty pointless.

• ra25@me.com
    ra25@me.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Enabling USB-plugged devices will bring an unmanageable cloud of problems, exceptions and errors (this is not computer). They know what they do. HDMI needs an HD resolution, no for iPad this year.

I look for the VGA connector (30pin>VGA) to show presentations and then I will not travel with my MBPro but just the iPad. It's that simple.

Look what the iPhone is capable of today without 5mpx camera, USB, SD, keyboard, HDMI - the only real limitation is the screen size. If this is solved, we have a new device to play with, clever isn't it?

• Muenchr
    Muenchr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Software on this device is designed for a touch interface, a mouse would be pointless. Bluetooth keyboards as well as regular ones via the adaptor work fine. I'm typing this on the built in keyboard even though I have a apple bluetooth keyboard, can't be bothered to hook it up.

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Bluetooth keyboard, bluetooth mouse, bluetooth speakers, and a stand sounds like a home office set up to me. Why would you not like to have the option to set your iPad on a stand at a desk and have a keyboard and mouse? And ones that instantly recognize and sync to your device at that!? It is obvious that you wouldn't use them at all times but who cares?? Don't buy it if that is your feeling. I wish the magic mouse worked just so you weren't forced to touch the screen. But that's just me... A guy and an opinion. There is a reason they are called ACCESSORIES. I guess everyone(almost) has to be a critic though.