Carriers Might Offer Cheaper iPad 3G Models With 2-year Contract

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCarriers Might Offer Cheaper iPad 3G Models With 2-year Contract

The iPad Wi-Fi+3G model has a starting price of $629 and comes without any contract from AT&T. If you thought this was a good enough deal to go for the device, well think again (but with a catch). A German blog has quoted the CEO of a European network operator...

Read the full story here

Comments

• unreal
    unreal Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

They could give it away for free and I'm positive it'd end up unused in a drawer with my older carrier locked iPhone 3G and 3 different generation ipods.

It's missing some key features, thus can't compete with my existing solutions. Not as useful as my macbook pro, not as useful as my iphone; replaces neither.

Sorry Steve. Perhaps you should listen to more than your own PR.

• DaniL
    DaniL Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I agree with unreal's post. It isn't going to replace my laptop or my iPhone.. so what's the point?

Other than to carry around an oversized iPod Touch - that, in order to use to it's fullest potential, you might have to pay carrier fees for??

I think because its new and cool there will be a lot of people who are going to buy it.. but in a few months it will be right there next to the old iPod's and what not and you'll be wondering why you're still paying a monthly fee for something you don't use.

• Avinash Varma
    Avinash Varma Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I wish I'll go for the contract basis...

For an ipad without 3g is of no big use as far as I feel.

If we calculate... 629-174 = 455

If it was a 2 year contract - 24*30 = 720 ( For the 3g)

I will end up with 265$ of extra payment on a period of 2 years... which will be around 11$ that I pay for unlimited 3g each month..

ha ha ....

• mizvalorie
    mizvalorie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If a plan exists I am totally going for it. 3G is faster than wireless around here and it looks like it will be wonderful to take notes on for college.