Analyst: 75% Probability That AT&T's iPhone Exclusivity Will Prevail in 2010

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAnalyst: 75% Probability That AT&T's iPhone Exclusivity Will Prevail in 2010

Innumerable speculations have been made in the past over when AT&T's exclusive carrier rights over the iPhone in US would end. While there are positive indications towards a CDMA iPhone launching later this year, analysts at Credit Suisse disagree with that line of thought. In an elaborate 60 page report...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Andyman
    Andyman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

This guy only offers opinion and states no facts. Well in that case I will like to add that ma bell will buy out verizon, t mobile, and sprint. It's just speculation but it is just as gronded as the speculation in this article. Seriously, this article states that 50% chance that AT&T loses exclusivity buy will keep the iPhone for another yr at a 75% chance and he says this on no basis. Does anybody else have a "huh" Moment?

• Dude
    Dude Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

It does seem like he's talkin out of his arse. I agree witchu a-man!!

• Blah
    Blah Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

every year it is the same... everyone thinks that apple will end the contract with att and every year is fails to happen. Every year they think they are going to have iphones for other carriers, and it does not happen.

Happy 2010 folks :)

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

yea i do tire of there going back and forth the last few months it was its a definite ATT is losing exclusivity and now since the iPad is basically only on ATT they want to change their tune.

• Superbowl
    Superbowl Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

It's funny how all these sites are getting Hit hard when they try to give inside scoop that never comes to light. I think I pad did that with all the hype and all these sites telling everyone things that didn't happen and now we don't seem to believe anything they say. It get old quick when rumors are rumors. So like everyone is saying stop the crap. AT&T,verizon,sprint. Who really cares. Nobody knows.

• blaplanet
    blaplanet Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

A stupid discussion. Why would Apple make a phone for Verizon? Because it's CDMA, the development costs are huge to make a phone which basically only works for one operator. Half of the existing GSM/WCDMA iphones are sold to international carriers other than AT&T. The percentage of Verizon iphones that would be sold to other carriers: 0%. Its simple finances.

• P3T3
    P3T3 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have been waiting for a VZ iPhone, and was disappointed (like millions of other VZ people) that Jobs didn't announce it Jan. 27. However, if he had, then no one would have bought another AT&T iPhone for the next 6 months. Bad for Apple. Or, maybe he is expecting (and knows something we don't) that AT&T will have its system up to VZ standards very soon. The way VZ is pushing the ANDROIDs, and bashing AT&T, it sure doesn't look like they are expecting an iPhone this year. Besides, I don't like the idea of a CDMA-only iPhone. It would be foolish to me, since the LTE is rolling out next year. And, any VZ iPhone that is not GSM would be a mistake. Actually, the only phone VZ has that is CDMA-GSM is the Storm2. I have been tempted to buy one, but I want an iPhone to sync with my MacBook Pro 13, and because it is simply the best phone.

• Raython Bass
    Raython Bass Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Listen Everyone, the only logical explanation for the hesitation for a verizon iphone is because its not going to happen. We go thru this every year and we get the same result. People it doesnt makes sense to build a CDMA Iphone its about to be a dead technology. This is what is going to happen Steve Jobs likes to be first with everything if you look back in the past Iphone hired people to work with WIMAX, So sorry to inform everyone the next Iphone will be a 4G wimax sprint cell phone.