Vodafone CEO Calls For Change In Carriers' Business Model To Cope With Increasing Bandwidth Demands

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVodafone CEO Calls For Change In Carriers' Business Model To Cope With Increasing Bandwidth Demands

There has been a rapid growth in the adoption of smartphones like iPhone over the past few years, which has helped the stakeholders involved such as the handset manufacturers, chip makers, application developers and service providers to flourish. However, according to Vodafone's CEO, Vittorio Colao, carriers who have been one...

Read the full story here

Comments

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

Sounds like Colao is not a fan of network neutrality.

I think that in the end network operators are going to go to a pay-per-byte model. If this happens, we as consumers need to be allowed to use VOIP apps rather than an additional voice plan with the network. And I want to see phones that can talk to any telco network, and pick between any of them - at each connection, based on current prices, quality, or other factors. No contracts.

I think my plan is kind of the opposite of what you propose. Let a (truly) free market drive telcos to provide better networks, rather than have some sort of regulator manage them.

• putters
    putters Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Google talk with push is now availabele!!!

Also, I am so mad that apple has been pulling apps and movies off the iTunes store like iMario, Parking Lot, kitty cannon (not the crappy one on there now), ect. Or the Dark Knight, Get Smart, ect.!!!

• Southpaw018
    Southpaw018 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

So...he wants the unmitigated destruction of net neutrality? Coalo needs to find another line of work if he thinks that's the solution.