How To Enable Tethering on Your iPhone Using MyWi iPhone App

2»

Comments

• Geoffrey
    Geoffrey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi there, I hv a 3G, not 3GS model with version 3.0. I don't want to upgrade to 3.1 and later because my phone is unlocked for use while I am traveling to other countries with local sim card. Would MyWi work with this configuration?

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

Is this tethering/wifi go directly through the app or does tethering have to enable on the phone as well?

The only reason I ask is because I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to keep my unlimited data plan with AT&T and want to keep it that way. Unfortunately, it means that I can't tether (officially) without stepping down to a 2gb plan. So does this app allow me to get wifi/tethered connected without being found out by AT&T/Apple and having to step down to a 2gb plan?

Thanks.

• x
    x Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

i can't get it to show as a connection in windows 7 with usb tethering, trying to connect my computer to the wifi through the iphone which this app seems to support doing.

anyone knows how to do this let me know.
    pooldemon6000@yahoo.com

• Claire
    Claire Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I need some advice please. I have an Iphone 4 and my daughter loves the apps etc and really wants one. However its way too expensive for her and we are considering getting her an ipod touch. In the house she can use the wifi but out and about could I set up my iphone 4 as a router and her connect to it to use her ipod touch??

Claire (please reply to c.e.cowie@hotmail.com)

• icagreatman
    icagreatman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Does MyWi work for an unlocked t-mobile 3g iphone
  • softbridge
    softbridge Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Dude how can you say someone I.D.I.O.T for just a 10 bucks app. You know developer must have already made lots of money more than that app worth. They got paid many times for their effort. Any app can be developed like this in 2-500 bucks.I am sure you are part of that team who developed this app as you sound very EMOTIONAL about it. Dude why don't you dev. make it free after a while and charge for just new revisions and not old ones as many of users are not even able to use your apps with bugs and issues; WHAT ABOUT THEM? You need to think a lot before posting comments & do grow up before posting such comments.
  • Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
    Toto if I get the cracked mywi 4 from sinful iPhone is there a chance it may "brick" my phone???!!
  • Victor
    Victor Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 4 and installed MYWI 4. it works when connected with teh USB but there is now way I can get any device to pick up or even see my hotspot. Some help please!!!!
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Anyone using MyWi with the iPhone on Verizon? Any problems?
  • Rusty
    Rusty Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 3 - using Tmobile - and am trying to get MYWI set up. Do I need to have my wireless turned on or off to be able to do this. I went through the steps and installed and got an error that the data wasn't available. If I am able to set this up, will I be able to use my iPad 2 to connect wireless through my iPhone?
  • zhongfu
    zhongfu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    sinfuliphone? no, they steal from other repos like **** and xsellize. they do nothing but JACK ****. try xsellize instead for cracked apps in cydia.