Study Claims iPhone Users Consume Five Times More Bandwidth Than Blackberry Users

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStudy Claims iPhone Users Consume Five Times More Bandwidth Than Blackberry Users

Reports on data congestion over the AT&T network and the role of iPhone users in this issue are nothing new. However, a recent study published on Consumer Reports highlights the severity of the case. According to the study conducted by wireless bill analysis company Validas, the average iPhone user consumes...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tick
    Tick Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

One question. WHO CARES?!?!?

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

One answer... EVERYONE ON AT&T!

I use upwards of 3GB, and on two occasions I used over 16GB in those months.

• yup
    yup Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

True here. I use at least 4gb a month. Internet on the couch is really nice.

• Tick
    Tick Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

That's my point exactly. iPhone users use more data by default simply by opening almost any app on their phone. While apps on most other phones don't access any kind of data unless the user specifically accesses some kind of outside data. Whether it's an ad inside an app or location data for maps, we're always accessing data services even when we don't realize it. Also, the iPhone is much more than "just a smart phone" it's basically a small hand held computer more a kin to some kind of tricorder than anyki d of phone I've ever seen. So of course it's going to see more use. Why wait to get to a terminal to check your balance, pay your bills, or buy movie tickets when you can do it on the go via your iPhone. Why wait to look up notations and quotes for the research paper when you can do it with your phone. All I'm saying is the iPhone is in a class by its self. And should not be judged against other "smart phones".

• yup
    yup Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Tricorder! Yeah go Star Trek! :-D.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Get a life...PLEASE