F0recast: Tool To Find Out If Your iPhone Is Tethered Jailbreak, Unlockable And Can Downgrade Baseba

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageF0recast: Tool To Find Out If Your iPhone Is Tethered Jailbreak, Unlockable And Can Downgrade Baseband

Though there are tools and step-by-step guides that make it easy to jailbreak and unlock iPhone, things have got a lot more complicated and confusing with the release of iPhone OS 3.1.3 and updated boot ROM in new iPhone 3GS models. iH8sn0w, developers of popular jailbreaking tool, Sn0wbreeze have recently...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

the downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 via cydia is not working no more so why mention it for

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

If you have an iPhone 3G then you should be able to downgrade to 3.1.2, its not possible for iPhone 3GS as Apple has stopped signing the file.

However, the tool tells you if you can downgrade the baseband, which is possible if you have an iPhone 3G and bootloader 5.8.

• Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Pretty cool... works great.

• Dkhan
    Dkhan Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

It doesnt properly detect if you need to be tethered or not. I have an iphone 3gs that was just replaced 2 weeks ago by crapple. I jailbroke it and now I am stuck with a tether even though f0recast says I dont need it.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Can someone tell me? I know what tethering is. But what do they mean by knowing if your phone is "tethered"???

• duluen
    duluen Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

it means that when you restart your phone, everytime, you must rerun blacksnow/redsnow else the phone wont boot.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

In some cases people get others to JB their phones so they can't be sure

• bex
    bex Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

my basebasnd is 05.12.01 so f0recast is saying my iphone 3G cannot be unlocked. anyone hear of any way of downgrading properly and unlocking?

• raff
    raff Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just got a new 3GS How do I keep it from being upgraded to 3.1.3. I have not plugged it in, waiting to see if I can prevent the update 3.1.3 so I can buy from Rock and Cydia

• Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

I have a 3gs just bought and I run forecast which says:
    Baseband: 05.11.07
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Jailbreak: yes
    unlock:yes
    Tethered: may be depends if refurnished

• Max
    via Wordpress

Sorry,

I have a 3gs just bought and I run forecast which says:
    Baseband: 05.11.07
    Jailbreak: yes
    unlock:yes
    Tethered: may be depends if refurnished

What does that mean by may be depends if refurnished? I jailbreak my iphone 3gs with blackrain and everytime it boots, I have to run blackrain again. Please help me avoiding back and fort runing blackrain.

• Max
    via Wordpress
  • swamixxx@hotmail.co.uk
    via Wordpress

Hi i have iphone 3g bought around june 2009. id like to jailbeak it and if possible unlock it,please advise me what software i need and instruction.
    i have checked my iphone with fOrecast,
    Baseband: 05.12.01
    Model: MB500
    Jaibreakable?: YES(Always)
    Unlockable?: No
    Tethered?: No
    Please mail me kindly. Thanks

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Hi
    i have checked my iphone with fOrecast,
    Baseband: 05.12.01
    Model:#####
    Jaibreakable?: only if SHSH is saved
    Unlockable?: No
    Tethered?: No
    Please mail me kindly. Thanks

• Deezy
    Deezy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

im kinda a noob to this stuff but i have a pretty good apptitude for these type of things...im not sure was SHSH files are but i know none have been saved from my phone... i bout the phone in december its a week 48 phone. is there a way i can use somebody elses SHSH files or is that just not possible?

• AWAN3110@HOTMAIL.COM
    via Wordpress

I WAN TO UNLOCK MY IPHONE 3GS BUT IT SEEM CANNOT UNLOCK...MY VERSION IS 3.1.3 THE NEWEST VERSION...I AM REALY SAD..PLEASE HELP ME...EMAIL ME AWAN3110@HOTMAIL.COM

TEACH ME TO UNLOCK PLEASE......

• Andrew Gittens
    Andrew Gittens Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi i have an iphone 3g,i need to unlock.I downloaded F0recastV1.1 and this is the reading i got
    Serial# 888409L4Y7H
    Baseband 05.12.01
    Bootloader 5.9
    Model MB702
    Jailbreakable? Yes (always)
    Unlockable No
    Thethered No
    Is there any way of getting around this.I need tounlock it.I live in Trinidad 7 Tobago.Thanking you in advance

• BDOG
    BDOG Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

ok is there a way to unlock the 3gs 3.1.3
    i know it is jailbreakable cus mine is ..
    so now can it be unlocked ..please email me
    lic247@msn.com..............
    with the info to unlock thank you ...

• Ryan Gril
    Ryan Gril Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Baseband: 04.26.08
    Bootloader 6.4
    Model MC135
    Jailbreakable? Only if SHSH is saved
    Unlockable? YES - (Use ultrasn0w)
    Tethered? NO

• Nathaniel
    Nathaniel Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Okay, so I downloaded the f0recast software and this is what it says about my iPhone 3g 4.2.1:Serial #: 818355PLY7HBaseband: 05.15.04Bootloader: 5.9_M3S2Model: MB046Jailbreakable?: YESUnlockable?: Upgrade to iPad BBWell, my iPhone 3g is already unlocked, so I guess you can disregard that. But shouldn't f0recast say whether my iPhone is tethered or not? Why isn't it showing up? I need to know because I am planning on jailbreaking my iPhone. PLEASE HELP.