AT&T To Increase Infrastructure Spending in 2010 To Improve Its Network

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T To Increase Infrastructure Spending in 2010 To Improve Its Network

Customer complaints and Verizon's media campaign attacking AT&T's 3G infrastructure has given a lot of negative publicity to Ma Bell's wireless network which has seen a 5000% increase in data traffic over the past three years. Now with the iPad, iPhone 4G and a slew of other smartphones launching in...

Read the full story here

Comments

• JaycH
    JaycH Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have AT&T and i pay ALOT! 3G coverage is BAD....so..therefore....they SUCK

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

AT&T has the money to cover the damn US but the way they are building their network is just a strategy to keep their ceo's rich. Besides, if the company uses a big chunk of their expenses and verizon drops their prices even more AT&T would not be financially strong enough to compete and risk the business into a huge dept just to pick thselves back up. I hate ATT for their prices and their services where I live but I got to hand it to them, they know how to keep their hands on everyones necks in this game of monopoly

• Dave Dischord
    Dave Dischord Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

AT&T should realize that its pretty easy to switch wireless companies, and, with sites like this, its pretty easy to take your phone with you. Kneel before your customers.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I wonder how much 10% of nothing is?

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Seriously thou, this is all kinda stupid - why can't the companies figure out a way to share technology and towers? Or nationalize the infrastructure? The current method of cell use is like the airlines refusing to share airports - Delta having it's own airport, and then US Air having its own... all in the same city. With common infrastructure, the cell companies cna focus on differientiating by customer service, price, cell phones, etc.

• akrimay
    akrimay Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

John..it all comes down to $$$

• tomtom
    tomtom Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

it's obviuos you all are idiots. leave - find another carrier and stop complaining.

• eurosnob
    eurosnob Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

when will these data chumps realize that spending all this money on QOS is pointless, they should follow the simple rule that bandwidth brings QoS by default, and bandwidth is so cheap to implement at the moment, so just put in a 10G to each cell site and upgrade the core to 40G, jobs a good un, thats what were doing in europe.