Google and Microsoft Competing For iPhone Search Deal?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle and Microsoft Competing For iPhone Search Deal?

We had heard rumors that Apple might replace Google search with Bing or might be building its own search engine, but Sillicon Valley Insider had reported that it was unlikely as Apple is getting over $100 million a year from Google for the iPhone Search deal. However, that doesn’t seem...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ronald
    Ronald Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

in fact, it doen´t make any difference for my
    the searchs are all the same
    google seems to have a better relationship with the major part of users because they dont hunt people wich use pirate programs :P

• blast@spam.la
    blast@spam.la Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Actually I downloaded Bing from the German appstore a couple of months ago.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

i use the google iphone app so even if they replaced google in the safari browser with bing I would still use the google app

• Boyd Waters
    Boyd Waters Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

If the iPhone becomes a Microsoft platform, well, my contract with AT&T was up six months ago. I'd switch to an Android phone.

• GoogleFan
    GoogleFan Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I will never use MSN Search, Live Search or any other crummy Microsoft service of the like.

Maybe I'm just use to Google since it's the only search engine I've used this decade, but when I'm on a friend's computer who has some silly Bing! Toolbar and/or Yahoo! Toolbar as well, I try it out and I can never seem to find what I'm looking for. Often time's I'm left wondering if they even have a faint understanding of what I'm searching for.

Google on the other hand always has exactly what I'm looking for in the first couple slots and their mobile site, App, and the rest of their services top all else.

To me Bing, like most other Microsoft services and products lately, just seems like a late (and lame at that) attempt to recapture lost market share (which to me they lost for a reason).

• akrimay
    akrimay Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

am I the only one who doesnt like google? maybe..to me yahoo is more fun and colorful 2 look at..google bores me..though I do admit some x yahoo cant find what im looking for..but doesnt happen that often so i still like them..

• Chuckie
    Chuckie Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

That's actually what I like about Google - not too much graphic on the page. Since it's a search engine the faster it's loading the better. But nice to hear some input from someone who doesn't only use Google :o)

• JFGI
    JFGI Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

its a funny decision for apple though
    choose google the new and upcoming rival in their mobile phone and smartphone industry who is many times smaller than them
    or choose microsoft the guys theyve been competing with from day one of their computer company a company many times the size of apple

• The other fucktard
    via Wordpress

For all the fucktards who say they will leave this company for that blah blah... If you like a product use it - you whining bitches. Google, Apple, & MS in some why or another have always worked together.