Apple Patent Provides Interesting Insight On How Users Will Be Able To Control iPhone With Finger Sw

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Patent Provides Interesting Insight On How Users Will Be Able To Control iPhone With Finger Swipes Over Camera

If you thought the purpose of iPhone’s camera was to take photos then think again. Folks at Patently Apple have stumbled upon an interesting Apple patent that involves using the iPhone camera to detect finger swipes across the camera lens coupled with accelerometer to detect tapping input to supplement the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

i dont think that this is real... look at the image on the phone screen it looks very Windows like with a minimize, expand, and Exit buttons all on the right side and a scroller bar. why would Apple send in a patent of an image like that on there phone... In other patents found online from apple. the images are much more detailed and the OS looks very much like what is already on the phone.

• Anonym
    Anonym Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I wonder if someone could design a mobile substrate via a jailbreak download that could detect finger swipes on the camera as well as the accelerometer. Don't know but would be interesting

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

interesting feature but more important than that would be a better camera with an led flash

• SV
    SV Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I completely agree. The picture looks out of place with the docked icons, Windows-like window (who has ever seen a scroll bar on an iPhone), and the wasted space between the "app" and the top and bottom.
    But you never know, maybe they just hired a Microsoft guy to sketch it for them....

• Sfinx09
    Sfinx09 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

yeah def they should think about improving the hard ware before making fancy systme functions like that all though it is a good idea.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

If someone did release a package that copied the patent, Apple would jump all over them as well as adding strength to their anti jailbreak stance.
    It's well known that companies patent ideas to prevent manufacturers from copying that idea without paying £££€€€$$$ for a licence, even if they never intend to implement it, it's a safeguard.
    It's ground I wouldn't like walking on