iPhone's Radio Configuration For Power Saving To Blame For Network Issues?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone's Radio Configuration For Power Saving To Blame For Network Issues?

It is a well known fact that the popularity of iPhone has been a major cause for the deterioration of AT&T's network. This is especially true for areas around New York and San Francisco where high iPhone density has meant frequent dropped calls and problems with data connectivity. While the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

more excuses...AT&T HAS CRAPPY SERVICE >> PERIOD!

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

i like AT7T and i always have great service where i am... I think i had a total of 4 dropped calls in a span of 3-4 years with them. And i like being able to use data and be on the phone at the same time i think it really add to the greatness of the phone. I do however agree that they have a monopoly with the app store and would like the phone to be more "open".

• belikeike
    belikeike Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

@PunkPoet: two words-- jailbreak. Blackra1n. Open your phone to more than what apple offers. 5 minutes to do. Safe. Just do it.

• Thomas Ford
    Thomas Ford Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I live in fort worth and never have a issue. I have a verizon phone from the company i work for and get dropped calls all the time, goes to voicemail just about 40% of the time people call me. T-Mobile had a problem with there network for over 5 months where you could not text in the DFW. I would not go with any one but AT&T!

• Jimmy
    Jimmy Posts: 80
    via Wordpress

i live in nc and on my iphone i always have problems with data connecting but no dropped calls

• The Turd
    The Turd Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Seattle (downtown) - in the last two months I have been dropping calls on an average it's once a week. Data speeds have never been great.

• nozgul
    nozgul Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Work in Chicago, data speeds are never good here. Usually in t 0.7Mb/s range.

• Jessicator
    Jessicator Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

All of my connectivity issues consistently occur in very specific locations (usually spanning an area of a few hundred feet). AT&T recently introduced an app for the iPhone to report locations of garbled and dropped calls, as well as no or intermittent data connectivity, etc. After reporting the issue a few times from one particularly annoying location along my commute route a few nights in a row, my issues at my "favorite" traffic light suddenly ceased, and I have not dropped a call in that location for at least a few days now (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not just coincidence).

So do your fellow subscribers a favor and download AT&T's free "Mark the Spot" app and start reporting those bad spots whenever and wherever you have trouble... It looks like AT&T is actually listening...

• tajweed quran
    tajweed quran Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

well there is an problem with there data speed that they should improve

• Dropped
    Dropped Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I live in greater Phoenix az, Gilbert to be percise and drive the 202 santan freeway to Chandler just about every day and it's very very rare when I don't drop a call at least 1 if not 2 times in the span of 5 miles!!! I have reported it on mark the spot some 50 or more times over the past few months and it's made no difference - seems like it is guaranteed to drop the call when traffic is heavy, light traffic some times let's the call stay connected - seem like the towers don't have enough capacity - very annoying considering I pay $230+ per month!!!! This iPhone monopoly is so annoying!! Will say AT&T data is fast and reliable, but it's a phone first so I need reliable phone service above all.

• Rufus Kitchmer
    Rufus Kitchmer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I definitely find it probable that it is a device specific problem. I switched to the Nexus One three weeks ago, and almost ALL of my connection/dropped call issues that I was experiencing with the iPhone here in Denver have evaporated.

Maybe AT&T reserves a certain # of connections for certain devices. Regardless of the circumstances, my call quality is magnificent after getting rid of the iPhone.

Good riddance!