How To Extend Your iPhone's Battery Life [iPhone Tips]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow To Extend Your iPhone's Battery Life [iPhone Tips]

Apple claims that iPhone 3GS offers up to 5 hours of talk time on 3G (12 hours on 2G), 5 hours of Internet use (9 hours on Wi-Fi), 10 hours of video playback or 30 hours of audio playback and finally 300 hours of standby time. However, you might have...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

ScreenDimmer from Cydia
    works a treat

• TimW
    via Wordpress

& SBsettings/Processes/Kill unwanted background apps &Free Memory

• TimW
    via Wordpress

And lastly, For long calls, use wifes mobile ;-)

• stupid boi
    stupid boi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This is stupid. all of their tips turned this awesome phone into something lame. in order to increase my battery life i need to turn my phone's awesomeness off?! F that. buy a car charger.

• Santosh
    Santosh Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I agree with you .... Thts the reason why I hav chargers at 3 diff places one is at home , another at work and another one is my car charger of course .... N moat of the time I'll be charging when I'm not physically using it(I don't know if charging most of the time kills my battery though)
    I want my iPhone to be working all the time...

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

Totally agree, and I even bought a case, with a small, 2400mah battery built in, AND a solar panel on the back. It was $44 on eBay. It's only about 8mm thicker, and with the second battery, it easily lasts all day. And if it doesn't for some reason, I let the sun charge it.

• Duh!
    Duh! Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Apple forgot their last suggestion...Turn off your iPhone to extend battery life. Sheesh!!
    All of their suggestions are lame, why buy a device with all these features just to turn them off.

• ILLJUAN3
    ILLJUAN3 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

SO BASICALLY DONT USE YOUR PHN AT ALL!!!

• Abel Goddard
    Abel Goddard Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

I agree with the above - I want to actually use my features! But, I also know that, just like the lights in a room, I should turn off what I'm not using/needing. Therefore, location is off 99% of the time. Whether I have wifi or 3G enabled is determined by whether I'm home or not. And I keep a charger handy, not only at home and work, but also at my sister's house. Also, to help conserve battery life overall, I try to not charge until it gets pretty low, so I'm usually doing almost-full power cycles.

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

so, basically Apple is saying something like "If you want to save your car, pls. use it just few hours a week, don't turn on lights, if possible use your arms to show your turning intentions, use your FM radio but pls. do not use the cd too much, don't get the highway unless you are sure to have enough oil to reach the first station, pls. have always with you 4 spare tires in case you are going to drive for more than 100 miles .... "

C'mon .... I try to use my 3G for business, but I'm always looking for a plug and always checking my pockets if I have a usb cable with me ... (never 3G enabled, of course).
    I think battery life is the #1 problem of the iphones

• Topsy
    Topsy Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

What is the use of the Location service on the iphone. Can someone tell me please. If a put it off, of what effect thanks.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Say you use an app like google maps and you want google to give you directions it fist needs to locate you with location enabled it will be able to direct you from your current location but trend off it cant find you.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

It would have been better if Apple designed the iPhone with a removable battery and made a spare battery charging dock as an extra so all we need do is charge 2 or 3 batteries and carry them with you simple Apple !

• Asdf
    Asdf Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Is this an iPhone Accessory you are talking about?

• Topsy
    Topsy Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

Thanks for that explanation. Does it drain the battery life when left on. Just want to know cos i am tied of charging my iphone every now and then.

• Faisal
    Faisal Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

i want some help about iphone 8bg i didn,t charge my mobile for a week it was turn off when i wanted to start it didn,t start can u help me plz

• Mikey
    Mikey Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Everybody seems to be saying the same thing so it's total agreement, why turn of the functionality that yu purchased your iPhone for? I suppose it's up to you, charge often (which I do) or don't use the extra toys all the time (which I do).

If apple sugggests we turn these items off or down when not using them, then they should make it a tad bit easier to do so (without jailbreaking). I undertand turning of wifi, or bluetooth... but the location service I leave on as that's how I find my iPhone if I've misplaced it or someone snags it.

• Francis
    Francis Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I have problems singing into Apple Store and itune with my iphone 3Gs...please help

• bibek baral
    bibek baral Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i didnt see any useful tips to extend my iphone's battery life.
    dont u hav any useful one?

• Johny balls
    Johny balls Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Reading this article alone took my battery from 100% to 95% and where I'm at right now i only have 2g coverage. Normally after being on the Internet for this long it would already be down to about 92% when I get on Facebook for 10 minutes it reduces my batter by about 10 to 15% I'm really sick of it and whenever I let the auto dimmer or whtever it is I can never see my screen so I like to keep it on bright, I like to use my apps, I like 3g, it is way faster, and I like everything they are saying to not do. Well this article is for people who don't want to do anything on their EXPENSIVE Iphone but use it as u would a regular cell phone. I think I'll just buy the battery pack iPhone case

• Eqhue
    Eqhue Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Owning an Iphone is bitter sweet. I ended up buying a Mophie battery pack. It's good bug a battery that works more than a few hours would be great.

• dumbo!
    dumbo! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • poppy
    poppy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Art
    Art Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Yea im Argee with u

• armando
    armando Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

very good suggestions: if you don't use your Iphone, you will save your battery...
    crap

• michael belleza
    michael belleza Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

can someone one share me a links to jailbreak my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 mc model.thank you

• Bjxx
    Bjxx Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have heard of jailbreaking can someone please explain what jailbreaking is and the pros and cons. Thank you.

• Inkatechnology
    Inkatechnology Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Great advice. I’ve found the radios (bluetooth or wifi) to be big power sucks on many devices. For people who don’t use those features continuously, turning them off will be a big power saver.

• NotIphoneLover
    NotIphoneLover Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    You pansy's! Features of the iphone are there for, if it is needed, or when required. Who said you need to have everything turned on to make use of the phone. Everyone has different usage habits, so if your someone who constantly requires email to be pushed to your phone. You will use it! never have the set of tips said you must turn them off. =p These tips simply saying, IF you want to save battery life.. seriously you people need to learn how to read.