Winner Of iTunes Contest Thought Call From Steve Jobs Was A Prank

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWinner Of iTunes Contest Thought Call From Steve Jobs Was A Prank

Woodstock, Georgia resident Louie Sulcer, the winner of Apple's iTunes Store 10 Billion Song Sold Contest; thought it was yet another trick that his son was playing on him when he received a phone call and the person at the other end said, "This is Steve Jobs from Apple". It...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

WHO Care about this CRAP!!!

• Videokiddo
    Videokiddo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I would have said: Forget your $10,000 iTunes card.
    I don't by music from you anyway. Just quit trying to stop me from Jailbreaking my iPhone and making it better. ****!!!

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
  • i'm a regular viewer of this site along with many other websites those are related with technologies and mostly concerned with iphone or apple of course...
    I take a closer look at tipb(the iphoneblog.com), too.... but as a well wisher i'm not quite satisfied with the comments i see.... most of the comments i see would be rubbish, childish... and just barking some bad words out...
    there wont be a real discussion about the products, i just see some people cursing out their bad words... who don't know how to spell out that word....

wouldn't it be better if there were some formal discussion on the topics....
    like i frewuently check tipb.com and i see most of the comments look wuite decent and are focused on the real subject matter....
    i hope u would maintain some standards too...

• Noneya
    Noneya Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

No one is forcing you to read the post posted on this site. "Freedom of speech" it a little thing we use now and again. For example go **** your self and if you cant ask your dad to help you out. ;}

• Codelicious
    Codelicious Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

A $10,000 iTunes gift card..? Why not $10,000 cash.. lol

Who wants to spend $10,000 on the iTunes store?

• Mono
    Mono Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What is everyone whining about? People know that there is a reason why its called "jailbreaking". It's because someone (usually the Dev Team) has to find a hack to jailbreak the iPhone OS platform. We know Apple doesn't want their OS hacked so they make it harder. If you want your device hacked, don't whine about it because it's not yours. Plus unless you're one of the people making the hacks, you're just a lazy ****.

• Noneya is a lesbian
    via Wordpress

Its meant for 5 year old like you ..... Go use your freedom of speech for something better purpose .... N why not you go and **** your mama homo....
    It's an irony but these r wht tht r posted here....

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

In a slightly politer manner.......
    People are free to like or dislike Products, Procedures, People & Posts, some users are straight to the point, some open a worthy discussion, some just slate you outright, but in the world of T'internet, you can't expect every site to be policed. The Admin of this site can't edit every comment to correct spelling and language to suit, some see the word 'Fucking' as foul language, yet to me it's 'expressive'. eg, the iPhone is amazing, or, the iPhone is fucking amazing, one expresses more.

So in conclusion, why not comment on the great job iPhoneHacks does for us by providing useful info for the community in general rather than compare their work to 'other sites'
    don't knock people for their replies, however they choose to word them, people agree and disagree with opinions. I got ragged for calling Geohot a lazy twat student, am I worried? No, I'm not, as I believe it, others don't, but hey, freedom of speech is way less important than freedom of belief.
    As other poster said, no-one forces you to read the Topics or pass comment, and if you read back, over 82% of comments are 'subject related' and are informative, that's what 99% of info sites are about, sharing info and correcting misbeliefs.
    If my comments were edited from Geohot is a lazy arsed twat to Geohot isn't quite God, I'd be mighty upset (or in my expressive manner... Fucked off)

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

I'd have said
    "Swap it for the top iPad & 4G on their release"
    "why not improve the Appstore by including Cydia & RYF, best of both under one roof and let US, the end user decide what WE want for OUR devices"
    "£6563.49!! (after conversion to GB£ lol) is that all??"

• e1inc.mac@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

does your Q button not work or something? you sit there talking bout people who cant spell... yet u misspelled 2 of your own... ummm DUMBASS!!!

• flashlover
    flashlover Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'd buy flash software for iphone.

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

seriously..STEVE JOBS...what an ASS! So he calls a 70 year old man and says, "YOU'RE A WINNER! $10,000 in credits that can't be transferred into cash value. Now, pay tax on this money that really isn't money" hahahaa...this guy can't even use it to buy Apple's own product with it!! SERIOUSLYY???

I WOULD RATHER FORFEIT THE $10,000 NON-CASH IF I HAVE TO PAY TAX ON IT. HOW RIDICULOUS!

i mean..its a little different if its a couple hundred bux...or if you could use it to buy other related products...BUT IT CAN ONLY BE SPENT ON ITUNES MUSIC??? THATS JUST RETARDED.
    IF I TRIED, I COULDN'T USE ALL $10,000 ON MUSIC.

STEVE KNOWS THIS AND OFFERS IT ANYWAY. IS HE JUST GETTING A KICK OUTTA SCREWING PPL?

OH WAIT.. HE CALLED PERSONALLY...70 YEAR OLD MAN SHOULD BE HONORED.

**** TAXES.

• akrimay
    akrimay Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

LOL..ur all so funny! but it's true, though..we do have freedom of speech but why type it here? this is a nice site for us apple lovers and aficionados..kudos to iphonehacks for their info..and peeps..since we are a community..why not keep it clean? :)

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

One time I had an editor from Bicycling magazine call me and his caller ID said Greg LeMond. That was pretty cool.