Categories: Jailbreak App To Organize iPhone Apps On Your iPhone's Home Screen Gets Revamped GUI And

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCategories: Jailbreak App To Organize iPhone Apps On Your iPhone's Home Screen Gets Revamped GUI And New Features

Categories app is one of the most popular jailbreak iPhone apps. It helps you organize iPhone apps on your iPhone’s home screen. As the name suggests it allows you to create categories in the form of folders so that you can move the iPhone apps into them to reduce the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

I used categories a while back and didn't care for it too much... It felt too buggy. But I tried it with the new updates and I'm loving it. It's smooth and the new GUI is sweet!

BTW it gets even smoother with CategoriesSB installed!! And there's more options available.

• Anolis
    Anolis Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i hope they eventually make it so that you can just drag an app into a folder instead of having to go to the edit menu.. that would make more sense

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Sigh... Any word on a 3.1.3 JB for the 3GS?

• Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress

Just a little info for anyone who may face/have faced issues after updating... If you update and all those apps are missing, just use "poof" to "unhide" all the apps and they will show back up. I use categories and have for a long time and I love it. No messy 12 pages of "where the **** is that one app at?!" simply labeled folders accordingly for music, games, good games (lol) etc. Great app!

• Nishit
    Nishit Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hey hi playafied,i'm unable to find .exe file of the same.i want to jailbreak my iphone 3g,can u help me in regarding.thank u,awaiting for your reply.

• There is a sign. Both parties that are responsinble for jailbreaks are working together. They may not release a jailbreak for 3.1.3 as everytime they do they show thier card and apple will block the exploit.
    However, there is rumour that 4.0 will be out in march, and the guys are probably waiting untill it i released. So, anytime soon maybe.........

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Been loving categories since i first started jailbreaking. What would be great feature is if you could move/rearrange icons within the folders.

• josie
    josie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi there.. I've had categories for a 1 1/2 years, and love it. I can't live without it. I love the new idea of selecting your icon pictures in the different columns that it has. Way easier and you don't have to scroll down the whole page to see what they have. I one thing I don't understand is....I have a 3G iphone with 8G. I have 154 apps. I was using the categories with no problem, until I updated to 3.1.2.. At first I had 3/4 memory left on my iphone and now its says that I only have 1/4 left. That was a big just over night. This happened when I reinstalled Categories. When I want into Categories and then into "Add" the app, I noticed that my apps had doubled... Is this why my stored space in the iphone jumped.... because I don't understand why categories is doing this. Please help Josie

• john helps you
    john helps you Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

josie - u should upgrade to a 3gs

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

It would be nice to be able to place your docked web pages from the springboard into a categories folder.

Great app, been using for ages. Makes my 3GS look like it should :-)

Just need to tidy up my web page links and I will be so happy.

Keep up the good dev work.

Also, to everyone who uses this app. Worth getting CategoriesSB. This makes it even better. Makes it feel like the app was meant to be there by Apple.

• denise
    denise Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I have ipod touch2g 4.0 and downloaded categories. Named a folder Games, loaded my games, have access to them.... only problem is that (null) is written underneath the games folder and another folder I made named Tools, which again I have access to whatever I put in there, Just curious as to why (null) is listed for icon name?????????? Anyone????

• livesxforxmusic@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

had categories before and just recently re-jailbroke my phone and downloaded categories again. but it is not showing up on my screen. however it is showing up when i go into poof. the app is turned on so it should show up but it's not…help?

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    This is such a great app but I think it still has a bug on it. I can put any other app in any folder but my "photos" icon does not show on the add app list. It shows on my springboard but not on the add list. I also looked in the hidden apps part but it didn't show there either. Is this a bug or is it just something I'm doing wrong?
  • Damien
    Damien Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Same problem as Marcus.......This is such a great app but I think it still has a bug on it. I can put any other app in any folder but my “photos” icon does not show on the add app list. It shows on my springboard but not on the add list. I also looked in the hidden apps part but it didn’t show there either. Is this a bug or is it just something I’m doing wrong?
  • bruce reeves
    bruce reeves Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    LOVE THIS 2 comments - also would like the ability to stick photos in a folderand secondly, the ability to put web shortcuts into folders also would be great