Apple Bans Wi-Fi Stumbler iPhone Apps - Blames Use Of Private APIs

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Bans Wi-Fi Stumbler iPhone Apps - Blames Use Of Private APIs

After purging the App Store off iPhone apps with sexual content and rejecting apps with "minimal user functionality", it appears that the Apple App review staff have now been eyeing the Wi-Fi stumbler applications. Folks at Cult of Mac have noted that several Wi-Fi stumblers have now been removed from...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Texas
    Texas Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I'm glad to see more developers jump ship and end up on Cydia. Hopefully other app stores will gain momentum and lead the way for greater functionality and innovation.

• xpedia
    xpedia Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

The also banned the background check apps!

• shinken1
    shinken1 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Sonuvabitch!!!!

I've been using wififofum since my ppc days!
    I use that app everyday. It's my #1 app.
    Now I'm pissed.....

• I think the jailbreak community depends on only one thing and that's jailbroken iPhones And as of today my 3.1.2 failed and I was forced to update. After checking all information there is no 3.1.3 avalible and without this JB And people like geohot moving onto other things the community will fail. I think we need to pay the people that jailbreak the phone a percentage of the sale price of the apps so if you buy a $10 app and you JB with blackra1n then geohot gets say $1, this would insure the community grows and continues to function, I know I'm glad I didn't buy any apps because now they would be useless.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Follow what rules?? The ones they change or make up on the spot??
    Maybe it's an inside conspiracy where someone towards the top of the Appstore management team is secretly driving developers towards Cydia (or Android!!
    A Google spy!!!! ;-)

• JordanDev
    JordanDev Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You can downgrade to an earlier version if your SHSH is on file with Cydia...

• nl393a
    nl393a Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Hi jordandev, I am oneof those whose jb was lost when my phone locked up and I was forced to upgrade to 3.1.3. I'd be very interested to know if there's a way to downgrade to 3.1.2. Please tell me how. It will be greatly appreciated.

• emmorel
    emmorel Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

People, ever heard of redsn0w? I accidentally upgraded as well but then i just downloaded custom firmware 3.1.2 and followed redsn0w's directions. Took all of 5 minutes

• rekuhs
    rekuhs Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Um, mines 3.1.3 and it's jailbroken... used redsn0w

• l0ser3.1.3
    l0ser3.1.3 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Huh?that very impressive me. Coz even geohotz o devteam havent said bout that procedure.
    Could u please show us how u do it?thanks

• Robert Kehoe
    Robert Kehoe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    so is it simply all the info that is pulled for a network, or just scanning for a list of networks in General.... where is the line drawn ?? I am curious as I need this functionality in one of the apps I am building... I love apple, but hate all the damn rules!!
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    I need a wifi app for my job. Every time I think I am going to like Apple they pull a bonehead move!