Will iPhone OS 4.0 Unify The iPhone And iPad Platforms?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWill iPhone OS 4.0 Unify The iPhone And iPad Platforms?

Though the iPhone and iPad run on a common operating system, the version of OS installed on iPad will not be compatible with an iPhone. The reasons are evident: With a different screen size and variant features that the iPad will come with, the OS on iPhone will require a...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Amadea
    Amadea Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

All I have to say is that whenever is 4.0 comes out it better work on the 3g & 3gs... I'd feel raped if iPhone 1.0 could run 3.1 but my 3gs couldn't run 4.0... Don't let us down apple!!!

• unreal
    unreal Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

The iphone and ipad variations of OSX are so limited in what you can do (comparatively), that I'm not seeing there's much to care about.

When two "yawns" merge, you just get a bigger yawn.

I like my iphone. But I'm not happy with Apple's craptastic control-freakism and my next phone will very likely be something else. I'm tired of having to jailbreak just to use it how I want. I don't run much, but what I run matters. Heck, I'd forgotten how lame an unmodded iphone is until I pick up my wife's. I've been using Winterboard for so long, I'm just used to a better GUI experience :)

And there's no way my next tablet will be an ipad. It fails in nearly every way, except a few Industrial Design cues. It fails on HW (fatally) and OS (critically).