Circuitous - Multitasking iPhone App With A Difference

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCircuitous - Multitasking iPhone App With A Difference

There are quite a few multitasking apps for jailbroken iPhones. While apps like ProSwitcher and Multifl0w do a good job, here is another jailbreak iPhone app that offers another good user experience to toggle between iPhone applications. Dan Zimmerman, the developer behind Circuitous calls it a "custom app switcher". Circuitous...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Installed this earlier today, set it to open on 'Pinch' via Activator
    so simple to use and the easiest 'Switcher' app by a long shot
    Apps can be killed ala Apple stylie
    Great App for freebie :)

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Tried this today also. Works great, just have to figure out which method of activation I prefer. It saves a lot of time switching apps the old fashioned way.

Slick UI.

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Oops, meant it saves time "over" switching the old fash. way.

• Manny
    Manny Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

how do i add app to background?

• iShaun 3.84
    iShaun 3.84 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

This is, by far, the best multitasking app available! I was never really a fan of Proswitcher and Multifl0w, although it's great having them as options. I'm sure some people will prefer them over this, but as far as this geek goes...hands down for Circuitous. Easy to use, clean interface (props to the Proswitcher interface as well), unintrusive (takes up like 15% of the screen), and doesn't have a huge memory footprint. This should have been a $.99-$2.99 app on Cydia, but hey...I'll take the free and pay you in appreciation, Mr. Zimmerman ;)

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Press and hold the home button that's the one with the white square at the bottom of your phone.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

you need Backgrounder installed also from Cydia

• AJ Smith
    AJ Smith Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Works really well, love it. But I'm pretty sure it annihilated my battery! Have removed it and battery back up to its regular state. Has anyone else had these problems? I wasn't even leaving apps running for it to kill the battery - understandable of course if I had loads running in the background.

(3GS 3.1.2)

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

AJ, I tested the drain factor by running 8 backgrounded Apps for 4 hours but it didn't affect my battery much more than usual
    Had Cydia, Safari, Ipod, Mail, Phone, Geodefence (game) MXtube & Snapture running, prob lost an hours worth of batt

3Gs/16gb, 3.1.2

• Akakig
    Akakig Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

brings memories ,old symbian, my heavy duty nokia n80, i love it , gotta check it out, but with backgrounder my phone lasts only 4 hrs :D

• Akakig
    via Wordpress

welcome tho the happy 3gs owners club :)))
    backgrounder is eating battery, no sorry not eating, RAPEING it :DDDD

• Akakig
    via Wordpress

i think 16gb has better battery than 8gb, as 8gb was meant for masses ? you never know, apple.....

• AJ Smith
    AJ Smith Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Wow! Interesting... maybe I'll give it another go then. It just seemed to destroy mine! Is 32gb 3Gs but I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference.... after akakig's comment......... maybe it does?!

• WhataniLife
    WhataniLife Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What a great app Circuitous is. Works great on my 16Gb 3G. Slicker and faster than Proswitcher. I use my iphone so much that I can't tell if Backgrounder affects the battery life or not - I charge several time each day as I'm terrified it'll fade away!