Sprint Unveils HTC EVO 4G Smartphone For Summer Launch

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSprint Unveils HTC EVO 4G Smartphone For Summer Launch

Every once in a while we come across a new smartphone that can truly take on the iPhone in performance. Sprint has just removed the wraps on what could be a truly potent Android handset - the HTC EVO 4G. Unveiled at the CTIA 2010 event earlier this week, HTC...

Read the full story here

Comments

• DD
    DD Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
  • Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

I would be very amazed if the iPhone could beat this phone. 720 HD output, two led flash plus a 8mp camera, FM radio and a huge screen. Ooh and a kick stand on the back. Like I said I would be amazed I the iPhone could top that. But I'll wait and see.

• nubs
    nubs Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Ohh I hope this turns into an arms race!

• Nj
    Nj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

doesnt matter how many features u add to an htc, the point is at the end of the day, the device still remains a piece of ****. a cheaply built massive turd that people will obviously pay $500+ for cuz they are morons.

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

not really NJ, the HTC actually gives you what everyone has been asking for since the first iphone launched, Apple has just been leavhing on to you getting you to purchase a new phone every time the make a small change to it.
    On the other hand, HTC went from being a copy of the iphone to becoming the new standerd for top smartphones.
    The iphone definetly needs to step it up because this HTC kicks its ass pretty bad. its like comparing a TWIN TURBO DODGE VIPER VENOM (HTC 4G) TO A NICE LITTLE 2010 MUSTANG GT (IPHONE 3GS)
    The iphone 3GS might still have a nicer interface, but other than that its a piece of **** because you have to hack your way to a nice phone
    (YOU CAN POLISH A TERD, BUT ITS STILL A PIECE OF ****!)
    But lets hope that Apple roles out with something better, if not then their next phone will be a total falure

• jose
    via Wordpress

lol LEACHING not leavhing ;P

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

*pats HTC on the back
    I'm glad the Apple and the iPhone could help.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

looks like what iv been waiting for just six months left on my contract.

• sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

If apple doesnt come out with a better phone than HTC This summer, Im switching to sprint!

• blueice
    blueice Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i really hope sprints new unlimited everything plan will work with this phone, if it does im sold until apple stops playing their games and comes out with a phone with all the features everyone wants. and i dont blame apple, why give every feature the first time since no one has anything close. but time for games is almost done, if their 4g lacks any features i really hope no one buys it just out of spite. and to anyone who buys an ipad, shame on u for reassuring apple that their strategy is working.

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

I'm with you guys HTC did really kick apple's ass really bad
    I'm waiting for this phone to come out if it's really what they say , good bye crappy AT&T and F on the iPhone

• Lmiah531@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

Not gonna lie, I love apple products but unless the next gen iphone can beat this, which i reallllly doubt it will, this looks like the baddest phone on the market. Also looks like my next phone too.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

If they could get a couple killer apps, I don't see why not. It does have a lot if not everything Ive been asking for in a phone. At least it's not that stupid Droid claiming it does everything when it doesn't.

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

I really dont see apple beating this phone any time soon. I am a big iphone fan but apple tends to give iphone users upgrades slowly so people can then upgrade to the next phone therefor spend more money. I am going to wait to see what the new iphone brings but if i dont like what i see, Sprint here i come!

• jose
    via Wordpress

I know all of the fanboys are going to talk smack on the evo but it's their loss, it's like that stupid girl we all know that always goes back to the one that does them wrong lol
    htc is giving us everything on our wishlist, so far they seem to definately be the top dogs with their new smartphone, finally a phone to push apple to the next level and hopefully beyond that

• Caddouch
    Caddouch Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Damn , i've been defending Apple's iphone with my hands and knews , but i got to admit , this phone is Sweettttttttttttt , Amazing Amazing screen , and the widgets ,wow , like everyone else said ,if iphone 4G is not better , then Sprint ,here i come !

• jose
    via Wordpress

Seriously guys, all of the speculations you have heard about the new iPhone looking a specific way and having specific hardware was what we thaught would be the most amayzing things that the iPhone could have, and we all knew it would take 5 mire generations for it to have those features lol
    but all of those things we wished would not be a simple rumor really wasn't... It was just for the evo 4G, look back and see yours and others comments about those speculations on older posts

• ulises
    ulises Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

i love my iphone, but i have to admit this phone is great. 720p video! 8mp camera! flash! front facing camera. I sure hope apple can get some of these features, because this phone is a very good iphone alternative. It might push apple to get us these long awaited features.

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Yeah, I could really use a higher-pixel camera w/flash on my iPhone 3G. When the iPhone came along it solved my dilemma of having a separate phone, ipod, and pda to carry.

I often need to take photos on the go to document things during work. Who wants to carry a digital cam on them all the time?

So give me a better cam w/flash, and internal flash support and I may stick with you apple, if not, we'll see what happens.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I would definately go for the HTC EVO 4G... But it's a CDMA phone right? And honestly I hate CDMA' phones because you don't the freedom that you get of using a GSM phone! With a CDMA phone you're stuck with one phone while with on a GSM network you can use ANY phone phone as long as you got your SIM card.

That's one of the reason I never really seriously looked at Palm's Pre!

• Alcatel Phones
    Alcatel Phones Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

That is one great looking phone.

• BIG MIKE
    BIG MIKE Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

What everyone is missing is that the iphone won't and can't come out this summer with a 4G upgrade. AT&T and Verizon don't have 4G yet, and won't for at least two years. Unless the iphone switches to the now (Sprint) network. I don't understand why some people hate everything that challenges the iphone. Apple isn't paying any of you a check. Common sense should dictate that everyone would want the best device on the market, with the best plan. And when you think about both of those things, the answer comes back HTC EVO 4G and Sprint........

• coolfx35
    coolfx35 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The phone technology the last few years is just too cool and I love keeping up to date when my budget allows it.

I'm very excited about the upcoming release of the Evo 4G here in Minnesota.

If anyone can direct me to a book/site/someplace that can show me from the ground up (and I really mean the ground up) to develop apps for Android let me know. So far all I know is http://www.evo4gforum.net and code.google.com/android any others.

• htc wildfire s case
    via Wordpress
    I still can't decide whether to get an iPhone or the evo. I've had a Desire and never had a problem so might stick with HTC.