Analysts Predict Next Generation iPhone Will Get A New Form Factor

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAnalysts Predict Next Generation iPhone Will Get A New Form Factor

The iPad is seen as a platform that bridges the gap between mobile phones and notebooks. Though critics have unfairly called the iPad as a "large iPhone", there is no denying the fact that there are indeed a few areas where the functionalities of the iPhone and iPad overlap. According...

Read the full story here

Comments

• thehard
    thehard Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

The Iphone could get smaller, but not the screen. That's pure nonsense.

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

Verizon is going to get the contract too, the verizon model is going to have a smaller screen on it but have the same power as the AT&T model. AT&T will keep it too but it’s going to have a slightly bigger screen and maybe thinner. If this is true I will have to stick with the AT&T model. But I can guarantee that verizon is going to get a version of it that is going to be smaller.

• xafo
    xafo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I feel iPad will be an extension to a desktop or notebook, but it will lack of computing flexibility outside office or outside home. You won't go out for work with iPad but Macbook. 16 - 32 - 64 gb is barely sufficient for mobility nowadays. Not unless you have a reliable network provider where you main data is accessed. Reality is only a few countries, or even cities have an affordable and reliable network. Apple will have to depend on Network quality, like a Ferrari depends on good roads. iPad and iPhone should bread to something in between rather than lead a separate road. Reading glasses with built in led display, finger as a mouse, who knows ... crazy you think?

• Pyroskee
    Pyroskee Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Really?? A smaller screen? Get the f*** out of here. Why would a company back-peddle on a form factor that hasn't changed in three generations. If Apple is seriously contemplating reducing the size of the screen I'm off to get a Droid. Apple has been wearing down my spirits with all this nonsense.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Analysts don't know ****. How many of them said "The Verizon iPhone will be announced during the Apple event" back in January? Countless numbers and alas it didn't happen.
    I think if a CDMA iPhone does ever come out for carriers like Verizon, it might be a smaller version.
    but I don't see this to be the case for the GSM/AT&T versions. IMO

• TarkinMX
    TarkinMX Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

If any of this is true and apple decides to reduce the functionality of the iPhone I for one will stop supporting them and move on to someone else's product.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

i will stick with my 3g before i buy an iPhone with a smaller screen if anything it should get bigger up to a 4.3 or so for the forward camera and other gaming functionality. Doubt apple would be this stupid and yea I agree the analysts were wrong in January so i dont put much stock into what there saying now

• t1t0805
    t1t0805 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

bull bull bulll i had it up to her with this phone.......all these changes and all the bugs it has and now they want to reduce the size come on man......

• Jaks
    Jaks Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • IC
    IC Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I actually got to play with the evo 4g.. Beautiful phone and thank god it got android unlike the poor hd2.. I had the hd2 for a day and decided to return it.. Win mo is soo very bad IMO.. I got the chance to compare the hd2 against the evo.. All I have to say is wow.. The near future is excitingly fast.. I'm hoping the next iPhone is better than the evo.. I'm betting it will be..

• ObiwanaKenobyashi
    via Wordpress

Hmm...thats going to suck if the next iPhone has a smaller screen. I'm going to have a really time watching my lesbian midget monkey **** anime on there...

• gcrew
    gcrew Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'll say this, the evo will be my phone of choice if Apple tries to reduce the size of the screen. My contract will be up in July, and I have no problem leaving AT&T if they cripple the phone with a smaller screen. If anything, they need to extend the screen a bit more and make it bigger.

• JIMh
    JIMh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

new form factor yes, smaller screen no.

• Trash
    Trash Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

No chance! It would be an absolutely disastrous business decision to make a product less usable so that another product in a different market will sell more. No one is going to decide whether they should get an iPhone or an iPad. iPod Touch or iPad, maybe, but if there's any serious market overlap, it's between iPads and laptops. Perhaps The Street will suggest that Apple make its laptop screens 30 inches so as to not compete with iPads? Ludicrous...

• El Matador
    El Matador Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I wouldn't buy an iphone if they make the screen smaller.

• balla420
    balla420 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I have always liked the iphones compared to other smart phones, and i think the idea of the iphone having a smaller screen and eventually being turned into a "tethering device" is stupid.

Personally I don't get the hype of the ipad or any similar devices (present or futre) If its too big to fit in my pocket, I'll stick with my laptop. IMO, the ipad is not a mobile device, If you can carry around the ipad, you can carry around a laptop which is much more powerful.