AT&T Announces Nationwide Rollout Of 3G MicroCell Service In Mid-April

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Announces Nationwide Rollout Of 3G MicroCell Service In Mid-April

AT&T has just announced that next month it will begin a nationwide rollout of its 3G MicroCell service, which it had started trials for back in September last year. The 3G MicroCell service will allow wireless subscribers to utilize their home Internet connection for enhanced voice and data coverage. Here...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 134
    via Wordpress

Thats bull **** ... Even though im with att

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

That is bullshit why don't they extend 3G to all tere customers on all there cell phone towers first before they try screwing us by boosting our 3G signals and making us pay for it , if it wasn't for the iPhone AT&T would be crushed by now

• nubs
    nubs Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

agreed! This is Bull ****! So I need to pay AT&T so I can pay my cable internet provider for them to use my cable internet? I Don't think that makes any sense. Now i could see them selling this gadget, and then discounting our monthly bill because we are freeing up there network and using our personal service we pay for else where. This would make more sense. It reminds me of AOL. Back when they existed, you could pay 50 bucks a month to dial them up and do the internet. ok fine, then dsl and cable came out so they wanted to charge you an ADDITIONAL 30 dollars to do AOL high speed, which was just a program to check your email and chat while you payed another company for the dsl or cable service. As long as people are dumb enough to pay for it, corporations will get away with it.

• shinken1
    shinken1 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I pay $60/mo for my broadband (10 meg) on which the home "mainframe" is run. When I get anywhere near the house, I'm on wifi, not 3G. Every local place that has wifi (free or jacked by me), I'm on it. I spend more time on wifi than on 3G.
    Yet I still pay $30/mo for unlimited data and don't even question it. So after $90/mo, AT&T wants to even mention another $20 to use their network?!?

I agree with you all; IT'S BOVINE SCATOLOGY!!!

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Actually there is only a monthly charge if you choose the unlimited plan. You don't have to pay any monthly fee from what I've read on Wired and a few other places.

• Blue
    Blue Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

Sure hope this is the case. Given how HORRIBLE AT&T coverage is both at my office and home, the only reason I stick with AT&T is for the iPhone. As is, I'm only waiting for another carrier to officially support the iPhone. That being said, if I were able to use the phone I already pay $100 month for WITHOUT paying more to use the broadband I also already pay AT&T for, would make a tad more more sense.

• alecio
    alecio Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

F... AT&T once, twice, and even a million times if needed.

• No Way
    No Way Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

So is this 20 monthly on top of the 30 buck a month iPhone data plan? that is 50 bucks a month to help ATT lower its 3g traffic?????????

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

From what I've read, there are two options. Pay the $150 and no monthly fee...your minutes are deducted from your plan like usual as you talk...Or pay $50 and $19.99/monthly and any minutes you use on your FemtoCell do not count toward your normal minutes

• OKjettaMaster
    OKjettaMaster Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This is a bunch of crap. Like the other guy said, I can get on free WiFi for data traffic, so why would I want to pay double for my home WiFi? I'm willing to pay for the portal device, but don't charge me any extra (minutes or a monthly charge)!!! What a load of crap!

The only reason I'm with ATT is that they have the monopoly on the iPhone. ATT sucks not only in their coverage, but their billing sucks, their voice capabilities suck at the edge of their networks, and they constantly drop my calls...

I can't wait until Verizon gets a chance to pick up the iPhone.

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

I'm with you guys AT&T sucks , it's just amazing the way big corporations are trying to get The last cent of our pockets they are leading this contry to hell

• Tagart
    Tagart Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I agree, I hope this blows up in whoever's face that thought they can make a profit off this.

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

This is so stupid, and people who purchase something like this are not verry smart, you would pay AT&T to use the Internet that you've already paid for to make a call through YOUR OWN broadband? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.
    There is already magic Jack for that and it's only $20 per year nation wide calling to any number. Just hook a wireless phone to it and you won't be glued to your computer.
    **** ATT for trying to make us pay for something we already have, skype is another alternative and you can get it on your phone!!!

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

THis is BAD........

• iPhoneFan1
    iPhoneFan1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You've all got it wrong...it's a $150.00 one time purchase for existing AT&T customers. Regardless of where you are talking, whether it's outside across town or in your home using the MicroCell, it all comes from the same minutes. For example, if you've got the iPhone and are paying $69.99 for unlimited minutes, $30.00 for data package, and $20.00 for unlimited text messages that equals about $120.00 a month. If you purchase the MicroCell, your bill doesn't change at all. You still get unlimited everything for $120.00 a month. The only way you have to pay $19.99 a month for MicroCell usage is if you have a lesser minutes plan and want to add unlimited calling for when you are at home. It's actually a great deal for those with unlimited plans with iPhones who work everywhere but in their house.

• Melissa
    Melissa Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Dear Mr/miss officer,Hope u a nice day.Now we just have WCDMA phone, Andriod phones (same specifications with original Iphone 4),GPS phone etc.Pls check the attachment for full information. Best regards,melissaSinovo Industrial Co. ltdADDRESS:28A,28FLOOR BLOCK C,HUAQIANG PLAZA FUTIAN,SHENZHEN ,CHINAWEBSITE: http://www.sinovo.coEMAIL: sino@sinovo.coSKYPE:MELISSA.SHIEH