Wolfram Alpha Drops Price Of iPhone App From $50 To $2; Offering Refunds If You Paid More

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWolfram Alpha Drops Price Of iPhone App From $50 To $2; Offering Refunds If You Paid More

In October last year, Wolfram Alpha, the much publicized computational knowledge engine released their iPhone application. One of the significant aspects about the app was its price - an astounding $50. Back then, the company had explained that the application was an appropriate substitute for a $100 graphing calculator and...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Use W/Alpha a lot
    I find it a really useful decision engine / calculator
    Looking forward to a refund now :-)

• CheeseEater
    CheeseEater Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Ha ha ha! You bought it at $50! You are really dumb!!!

• Shexbeer
    Shexbeer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Cool Tool and à Great deal for 2 Dollar

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

lol. whoever bought it for $50 is an idiot.

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

Why are they idiots?
    Like seriously give me a good explanation... not everyone jailbreaks their phones and installs cracked app's, and its true graphing calculators are 100 plus, so 50 and 20 bucks are a good deal!. I wen't out and bought the TOM TOM app for like 89.99..

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Are you really as stupid as you sound??
    Have you not worked out that when your mother said "Your Special" she neglected to mention the word 'Needs' after it!!
    No you moronic Aemobic retard, the app's pricing has been slowly reduced since release and I paid £11.99 Gbp for it
    No, it'll be no good for you as some calculations exceed 10 (assuming you have all your fingers & yes, you can count on them not just use them for personal orifice investigation) ( I won't confuse you with 20 yet, let's ignore your toes for now)

• emmorel
    emmorel Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Well maybe you should jailbreak and install cracked apps. That would be the smart thing to do. And yes, you are all lacking a couple chromosomes if you paid $50

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

Jesus what haters..why are gadget nerds such douches

• dwight
    dwight Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

First off TimW it's "You're special" not "Your special", illiterate idiot. Secondly, this thing isn't worth the original $50 or the $21 you paid for it, it isn't even worth the $2 they're asking for it now. But obviously these people knew there are suckers out there and they found one named TimW.

I have Wolfram on my iPhone too, I paid zero dollars for it. How do you like them apples?

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Obviously an App like this one is beyond your understanding too.

And, Don't you mean 'those' apples?

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

seriously..an app is worth what a person decides to pay. if you didn't buy it at $50, then it's probably cuz u didn't think it was worth that. if you didn't buy it at all and downloaded a cracked version..you are cheap as **** cuz it only cost $2 now.

not only that, if you don't think it was worth getting it for free, stop complaining u cheap fuckers. it was free dammit.

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

seriously..an app is worth what a person decides to pay. if you didn't buy it at $50, then it's probably cuz u didn't think it was worth that. if you didn't buy it at all and downloaded a cracked version..you are cheap as **** cuz it only cost $2 now.

not only that, if you don't think it was worth getting it for free, stop complaining u cheap fuckers. it was free dammit.

• CheeseEater
    CheeseEater Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Ha ha ha you said orifice! Did your expensive program teach you that word? Did your decision engine tell you to make that post? Hopefully you are smarter now that you don't have to think by/for yourself.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Yes I did
    No it didn't.
    Again, No.
    Probably.

• mabbent
    mabbent Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

While jailbreaking gives you the option to use your device under your control (I don't needs Steve's help to keep me safe). While running cracked /hacked App's is just plain stealing and give good fuel to those who would wish to prevent jailbreaks.
    So instead of appluding the company for providing a refund/rebate to earily adopters, you display to the world your criminal mentally.

• brijeshbsk@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Whoever bought for $50 ...are the ones who don't give a damn ...coz they ain't counting pennies to spare....Cheers to Ya'll
    And whoever are complaining about being stupid/idiots and not being able to know that you can get cracked/pirated versions of the software...ARE the stupid low ass impoverished lads who keep on complaining about how fun it is to get things for "free" and shall always wonder how to get along with their fuckin' life....lol really feel sad for you guys out there....

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Have to say that I do use cracked apps as a try before I buy for expensive apps, if I like it, I buy it, if I don't, I uninstall it
    I have in excess of 12,000 cracked apps on my pc, most are " hmm let's see" but never tested...yet
    I don't believe in robbing devs of a few pennies, it's an income for them, but I do believe that they should offer a timed test period
    I wouldn't be dissapointed if apps became 'uncrackable' I'd just have to consider the purchase in more depth
    With Wolfram, I tried a cracked version, liked it so bought it
    I agree that those who keep the cracked apps are cheap twats, most apps are around the £2 (gbp) mark anyway, what's £2 these days??