Processor Performance Compared: iPad Vs iPhone 3GS Vs Nexus One

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageProcessor Performance Compared: iPad Vs iPhone 3GS Vs Nexus One

The iPad is finally out and it is time to revisit some of the speculations that we had reported prior to the launch. One of the most debated topics was the performance levels of the A4 Soc that powers the iPad. This was significant not just because the chip has...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

The world is going crazy! .. I won't be surprised if iPhone/iPad's model of year 2014 will have 3-4GHz speed, 2 Gb of memory and 160 GB of disk space!!!

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

For the iPad, double the ram and disk space of what I've just mentioned.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Some reports are saying that the A4 Soc has been limited to the restraints of the hardware.
    Didn't a company reveal that the A4 has 2Gb of internal ram? Yet it sits unused as the OS couldn't keep up with it
    Wonder if someone will release a kernel patch to overclock it or release it's full potential?
    If it sits at 1Ghz now, and is underpowered, imagine the system at full, maximum capabilities!

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

With the latest flash memory becoming tenfold more than what was, it might have more than the 160 'standard' with minimum battery drain
    Time will tell :)

• Tagart
    Tagart Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I would love to read whatever article you saw that mentions that, it sounds interesting. It makes me wonder, was the OS not able to keep up with it bc of limitations in the coding of the software? If that's the case then apple just might release some of that unused power in future updates.

• robber
    robber Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

hmm difference beetween iPhone 3GS and iPad (and in future - iPhone 4G) is really big. I have an apprehension, that OS 4.0 will be available only for new Iphone...

PS argh, how long must I wait for jakilbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1.3? :(

• Khmerchaos
    Khmerchaos Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

U can downgrade to 3.1.2, then jailbreak wit redsn0w using 3.1.2 firmware. U will see error and connect to iTunes on iPhone. It fine, just turn iPhone off and run redsn0w. Then use custom firmware 3.1.3 using sn0wbreeze. Give it a try coz I'm on 3GS 3.1.3 jailbreak. (google) help a lots.

• Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

The ipad does NOT have 2gb ram... It has 256 MB of ram,

• Hugo
    Hugo Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

i'm one of the few Canadian with an iPad in his hands and I can tell you the device is blazing fast for browsing... Faster than my Mac pro running the latest version of Safari !!

If they put the A4 ship in the next-gen iPhone that will be a phone that will outperform the competition.

• robber
    via Wordpress

yeah, but I heard that you need your own copy of 3.1.2 made when you had this soft jailbreaked and I have a new 3GS with 3.1.3 on start...

• asif
    asif Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

guys when geohot gona jailbroke and unlock iphone 3gs new bootrom 3.1.3

• robber
    via Wordpress

but if you made it without any own FW copies, so you can give me some links how to downgrade, please :) I really don't have time today and it will be very helpful, when I don't have to lose my time in google :) in advance - big thanks

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

soon
    *soon in hacker dictionnary means
    neva eva.

• jo
    jo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

My guess is never. Geohot has found a new project in creating a custom PS3 firmware. I just hope that he devotes some time to the iphone/ipad 4.0 OS too.

• asif
    asif Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

thx jeo for giving me such information and bro u know i check all the time website when i getup in the morning

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

there wont be a 3.1.3 jb u will have to wait for the next OS that will be run on both the iPad and the iPhone and then a jb will be done. 3.1.3 was a minor update and they dont do jailbreaks for minor updates

• Khmerhaos
    Khmerhaos Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Robber - OS 4.0 will be out this week. But there won't be jailbreak yet. If you want jailbreak 3.1.3 until then, I can help you. Give me until lunch time to upload the file and instruction.

• Khmerchaos
    Khmerchaos Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Downgrade to 3.1.2 then restore to custom 3.1.3 with jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze. Worst come to worst, you can always restore to your backup.

1. Backup your Iphone

2. Hold shift and click restore then choose firmware 3.1.2. Use this link and pick your iphone firmware. ftp://ftp.iphonefix.de/Firmware System/

3. You will get an error. It fine, just unplug usb and plug back to computer. Iphone will restart and you will then see the “connect to iTunes” on your iphone screen. That fine too.

4. Download RedSn0w 0.9.4 here http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/02/pwnagetool-315-redsn0w-094-iphone-os-313.html then run it. Just follow instruction on RedSn0w 0.9.4. Once done, your iphone should be jailbreak. Don’t restore to your backup yet. Setup as new iphone for now. There a problem with Cydia so you will have to load custom firmware. Leave iphone plug into computer and Itunes open.

5. Download firmware 3.1.3 here ftp://ftp.iphonefix.de/Firmware System/ and Sn0wbreeze here http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow. Then run Sn0wbreeze. Just follow instruction, when done you will get Sn0wbreeze custom firmware 3.1.3 on your desktop.

6. Go iTunes, hold Shift then click restore again but pick “Sn0breeze custom firmware” that you just created. Sit back let it finish and you’re done. You can now restore with your backup.

Your iphone 3.1.3 should be jailbreak and Cydia should be working.

• best ipod boombox
    via Wordpress
    I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. All the best
  • Kristopher Boughn
    via Wordpress
    I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.