iPad Is Already Jailbroken

Comments

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Yeah!!! WTF !!!! Or only geohot? !!!

• Ok first of all, I didn't say GeoHot wasn't working on it, I said I wasn't sure if he was or not and that I knew he was working on the Playstation 3. So as far as that goes you can suck my **** you ignorant ****.

It's people like you that visit this site that makes it stupid. Talking **** over the internet is really easy isn't it? I suppose you try and "bully" online cause your a ugly fat **** who sits and refreshes GeoHotz blog all day.

"Get a freaking life.. or better yet, go take your life." So nice of you. If I didn't have a life I would probably know everything about iPhones like you do right? So why don't you go take your own advice and play in traffic.

• Ok first of all, I didn't say GeoHot wasn't working on it, I said I wasn't sure if he was or not and that I knew he was working on the Playstation 3. So as far as that goes you can suck my **** you ignorant ****.

It's people like you that visit this site that makes it stupid. Talking **** over the internet is really easy isn't it? I suppose you try and "bully" online cause your a ugly fat **** who sits and refreshes GeoHotz blog all day.

"Get a freaking life.. or better yet, go take your life." So nice of you. If I didn't have a life I would probably know everything about iPhones like you do right? So why don't you go take your own advice and play in traffic.

• Captan Ameerika
    Captan Ameerika Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I want one, but am waiting till the 3G models arrive.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Seems like my posts have been deleted!!
    Upset someone did I??

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

TimW,

We have removed some comments that were not relevant to the article.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Thanks Guys, was thinking it was one sided.
    Only respond in kind though
    will attempt to stick ' on topic ' from now on

• TimW
    via Wordpress

I'm waiting for the UK release to get one.
    Doubt I'll que for one though
    Just like the thought of surfing the net on it as I do most of it on my 3Gs. Bigger screen appeals to me, not worried about 3G as I'm in a location where 'hotspots' are abundant.
    Not into the 'posing' factor either, probably just use it at home or away on hols

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

I am in the UK and I fancy having one, maybe I can afford to buy one in the summer, but I am still hesitating as I know the iPad is not a notebook replacement (but it is something so cool to have, I know).

Maybe I will intend to buy a WiFi version only, I do not need the 3G as I can create WiFi network from my iPhone 3GS using MyWi. Besides I am a University student so hopefully I can find some benefits by owning the iPad (and to show off for the purpose of hearing the WOOOW and OOOOOHHH, hahaha).

Good news iPhonehacks, keep them coming ;)

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Another problem is, new iPhone could be announced and released in the summer as well, now I know my contract will not expire anytime soon but I can still sell my 3GS if the new iPhone comes with irresistible features! .. I will be really broke if I want to go for both iDevices!! so maybe I will buy one and delay the other (depends on the device features and jailbreak ability status for sure).

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Same boat here, new iPhone or new iPad?????
    Other half says "holiday (honeymoon) to somewhere hot" I still think an ipad will win as I'm real pleased with this Gs.
    Like you, I'd create a hotspot if needed, but Swansea has soooooo many free wifi 'hotspots' to tap into, there's talk of copying Swindon, where free community wifi was trialed (check the lamposts if yr in Swindon town centre)

• Tagart
    Tagart Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

ROFL XD.... I wish I couldve seen the original post he left to get that response. Damn shame the moderator deleted it. :-(

Anyway, I will confirm what you said about geohot, he has moved on to the ps3. In my eyes though I think that he still has some kind of passion for apple and that's why he showed his jailbreak. It's like an addiction, you say you're gonna quit but then you always come back for that "one last time."

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

blow it out your ass noboday cares about what you have to say DrDirtyDickLicker

• Tagart
    via Wordpress

LOL, that's new to me, are they really deleted? I saw those ones wehere you were talking about going on vacation with an ipad and whatnot.

• Twanger
    Twanger Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

But if one of these hacks is a one time use for 3.1.3 surely they may as well roll it out, or am i mistaken?

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Yeah, deleted as my response to a 'certain individual' was 'a tiny bit' off topic, lmao
    Fair comment to the Admin though, I fully accept their decision to delete both sides of the comments.
    Some don't like the fact my Admiration & Respect sits with the DevTeam not 'the other one' ;)

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Their hoping that by witholding the 'hole' Apple won't plug it on the next release.
    As soon as the tools become available, Apple's engineers will start devising and recoding re-writes to ensure it won't happen again.
    MuscleNerd (DevTeam) stated that the 3G will always be vunerable to their tools, but the 3Gs & iPad are the main targets now.
    With OS4 around the corner, it won't be long before the balance is restored
    hth :)

• mr Notiq
    mr Notiq Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

..I don't know about you guys, but my 3.1.3 3GS is jailbroken and working completely fine. There's no unlock, but as long as you have AT&T, you're golden. From what I read you need to have 3.1.2 and be already jailbroken. But, I actually used this 'after' I upgraded to 3.1.3 using sn0wbreeze and got stuck in a Recovery Mode loop. Sn0wbreeze blows 3 balls by the way. But the thing I used is a custom ipsw made by some Russians. You have to search on google for the file:

iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_VTX_v1_BBUpdate_Restore.ipsw

This is where I found out about it and the instructions:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=1617703

I didn't get the errors he was talking about. From what I remember everything just went smoothly, but check it out.

• jo
    jo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

My thoughts exactly RickT

• jo
    jo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

If you are so bitter, may I suggest getting to work on it yourself. Instead of insulting others.

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

How long does it usually take Apple to approve apps then? I'm thinking of Opera for iPhone to be precise? My gut feeling is they will reject it for being superior to Safari, hope they dont tho..

• TimW
    via Wordpress

I'm hoping they're waiting till after 4.0, or 'with' 4.0 :-)

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Yeah maybe, i'm def pro Opera, looks good :)

• TimW
    via Wordpress

You must have an earlier 3Gs, the ones who can't JB are owners with models from MC (after a certain serial no. too)
    Mine is an MC132B model, so if I lost my JB I'd be one of the many patiently awaiting the DevTeam & Comex's tools to arrive.
    For your model, goto Settings - Genral - About - Scroll to Model

I will add for any 'New to JailBreaking' that saving your SHSH to Cydia when asked, CAN and WILL increase your chances of keeping your JB, might take you a few tries to restore your device, and if I can do it, so can you. The 'how-to' guides are available

• TimW
    via Wordpress

I use it on my other half's N97, it's faster than safari, by a long shot, taken to using on most of my Laptop's now.
    Be nice to eek a bit more load speed over 3G too.
    Can't see the carriers worrying to much, but could be a 'double edged sword' cut down on bandwidth Traffic so 3G networks get quicker for most, but then reducing revenue from less data transmission from payasyougo customers.
    I personally think two things, released on or after 4.0, or reject it on the grounds of 'does what an existing app does' Hope it makes it though, I'd happily pay a quid for it, free would be nice too :-)
    Just keep fingers crossed

• Craig
    via Wordpress

I read that 'MC' 3GS's are tethered only, yet mine is MC131B and when it was JB it was def non-tethered, however it is a 936 serial, so is the pre 940 serial the key to having a non-tethered JB at the mo do you know Tim?

• TimW
    via Wordpress

I recall that MC models released with 3.1.2 preinstalled (might have been 3.1) from serial no xx940onwards had the new bootrom that resulted in a Tethered JailBreak.
    The link provided by mr Notiq relates to an MB model being JB'd and as far as I can gather, the MC models now outnumber MB's by 3 to 1
    Did you have your hashes stored on Cydia? If you did it's relatively easy to restore to 3.1.2, hardest part I found was useing notepad as a one time file editor (create direct shortcut link for notepad from Desktop to etc/hosts is easiest way to add Saurik's server address, as soon as file is edited, shortcut link can't re-edit)
    Download a STANDARD 3.1.2 IPSW, not a custom
    one, edit etc/hosts, click shift + restore, select dl'd IPSW & it should work.
    Saying all that, can't remember if you had your hashes saved, still, if you did have, I'd give it a go anyway, nothing to lose :) I would lmao

• Tagart
    via Wordpress

Dude if you're referring to the pic here,

http://img535.yfrog.com/i/giy.jpg/

then that sounds like a bit of jealousy bc that chick looks attractive to me but then again maybe you're gay or even worse you're a wannabe nerd without a girlfriend and you're just mad at the world that he has one and you don't. I could go on but I won't, not quite sure which angle you really are trying to approach that with though so go you but it's like that anonymous guy said, no one cares.

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Cheers for the reply Tim. I first jb my phone (7 months ago approx) I was totally naive about it, but, I do recall seeing some kind of message on my Cydia homescreen reffering to something being saved by Cydia but I'm not sure what!!!
    Do you know if back then Cydia auto saved shsh's at all? Because if it did I may be in luck?

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Have a go at it, just follow Saurik's guide (can't link as always on iPhone)
    I'll email the Admin later and ask if they can pass my email addy on to you, be easier to send all in one go, got loads of info on it, and have done mine back to 3.1.2, if you get stuck then it's easier to get quicker response :)