New iPhones, iPod Touch And iPad References Found In iPad Filesystem

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew iPhones, iPod Touch And iPad References Found In iPad Filesystem

While folks at iFixit were disassembling the iPad, which was launched today, some folks were busy digging into the internals of iPad OS. And not surprisingly they’ve stumbled onto something interesting. They’ve found references to new iPhones, iPod Touch and (Surprise! Surprise!) even a new iPad. It has been less...

Read the full story here

Comments

• bennisatva
    bennisatva Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Isn't it possible that the ipad 3G would be noted differently than the Wifi?

I almost feel sorry for AT&T, if Verizon gets an iPhone. They'll need Moses to part the sea of people getting away from drop call central.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

well put about at&t.

also, yea the ipad 3g will be different probably model no. wise
    and you said 3 new iphones, iphone3,2, iphone 3,2, and iphone 3,3
    i think you mean 3,1 3,2 and 3,3

and iProd could be 3g ipad who knows
    they were orig. making it only 3g, then someone decided to add a second model w/o 3g, and they just called that ipad and the 3g iprod

• sebastian
    sebastian Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

I so effing sick of Internet idiots complaining about att, you guys are just making yourself look like idiots, I just LOVE how the only people who complain about AT&T are the people who have other carriers , so if your going to say anything on a post about a new revolutionary product I think you should at least make it relevent and not about you bitching.

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

I'd be sticking with att... i dont talk on the phone much so i dont really notice it. att's 3g service is fine where im at and verizons 3g speeds suck plus i dont want to be forced into using vcast and all that other bs verizon forces on their customers. i also doubt they will offer an unlimited data plan.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

The only people rushing to Verizon are the people who live in cities like New York or San Fransisco, where it's really bad. I'm happy with AT&T in my city but welcome the benefits of people switching to Verizon. It won't hurt me a bit and may actually bring more competition. Can't wait for the new models!

• Rcas
    Rcas Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

I've never had a big issue with dropped calls with AT&T. 3G speeds are great and I have coverage every where I go even after moving from california to colorado. Never had an issue while visiting San Francisco. I will never switch to verizon period. I'll wait and laugh when their system goes bonkers with people buying an iphone from them.

• ramon
    ramon Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have AT&T and a sucky 3GS Ibone and they drop more calls than when I had a Treo 755pon Verizon. I should have stayed with Palm and Verizon. At least my Palm wasn't locked tighter than a corked bottle.

• Cap-Tan America
    Cap-Tan America Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I agree.

How funny would it be if the new iPhone for Verizon was like the original iPhone and they couldn't MMS or anything. I'd laugh.

I used to have Verizon and I hated it because they always over charged my account for no reason. I would call and be like, "What the hell!?" and they would be like, "Sorry, we will take it off.". Switched to AT&T and everything has been golden.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I'm with you. I don't hardly ever talk, usually just text, apps, and internet...and I never usually have any problems.
    3 new iPhones though? :O
    This is going to be interesting indeed...

• Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress

well apparently , apple is working on a smaller ipad "Also a radical move to add a minimum of a 13 kbits/s speech codec to the miniaturized tablet variant is planned." so says the dev team ....

• Say sum....
    Say sum.... Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ramon if u don't like ur iPhone take ur sorry ass bak to verizon with your sorry ass palm n that goes to anyone complaining about att or iPhone if ya don't like it quit bitching like girls n switch over plain n simple!!!!!!...

• J. P.
    J. P. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The problem with people like Ramon, is that they are ignorant to the whole situation of the dropped calls. They, like alot of people, dont realize that the reason for all the issues, is that ATT did not realize how popular or how many people would use an iphone. Their system, was overloaded with the demand for usage. Well surprise, the exact same thing will happen to Verizon, when everyone gets an iphone on their plan. That includes all the people that will switch from ATT, thinking it will be better. Verizon will have issues, then who will be crying and bitching.

• Jeff bein
    Jeff bein Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

AT&T works fine in Phoenix. I am 95% text and data. I have only had issues when going to smaller areas, like a recent ski trip. No big deal. Where would the iPhone be without AT&T. (I am sure that can go either way.)

• V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

Not to sure about all those people switching for one AT&T has faster data speeds and if they switch to verizon the whole I can use my phone and surf the web at the same time dissapears. It really is amazing to have and if they switch I can guarentees they'll miss that feature.

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

When Jobs did he talk about the iPad he made no mention about an iPhone for Verizon. There has been speculation about an iphone for Verizon every since the 1st gen iphone and I'm betting there isn't going to be one for a very long time. Everyone should get used to the service they have with AT&T and get used to the fact that you're not going to see an IPHONE for Verizon, just deal with it, you're stuck with AT&T. Deal with it.