Apple May Offer Store Employees A Free iPad; To Hold A "Top Secret" Meeting Ahead Of Launch

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple May Offer Store Employees A Free iPad; To Hold A "Top Secret" Meeting Ahead Of Launch

Apple is known to have gifted iPods and iPhones to their retail store employees when these devices first launched in the market. A new report on the Apple Insider claims that Cupertino is likely to continue the tradition when the iPad launches today. According to the sources that Apple Insider...

Read the full story here

Comments

• SteveC
    SteveC Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

It's True, I got mine this morning, we also have the option of upgrading our wifi ipads to 3G ipads when they are released for $50. woo-hoo woo-hoo I love apple...

• SteveC
    via Wordpress

Well back to work, it's was a zoo here when we opened but now it almost line a normal Sat.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

That's pretty cool, enjoy!

Btw, let us know your initial impressions.

• NoFreeiPadhere
    NoFreeiPadhere Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

So that did not happen in any of the North East stores so either we haven't been told yet or this is a lie.

• SteveC
    via Wordpress

I found out the local boss here set aside the ipads and gave them to all the employees of his store as an employee appreciation award. Even with those units removed from the walk-in availability pile we still ended the day not selling out of ipads.

The 2 things I feel the ipad is in great need of is (1) a GPS unit and (2) a front and rear facing camera, in that order. The one released today just seems like and oversized iTouch.

For me its off to craigslist to sell this unit (still in sealed box) and possibly buy one when these two items are added.

• Ipad
    Ipad Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

1) The 3g model does have a gps and you would know that being an apple employee.

2)Your "local boss" would have to have spent money out of pocket because there would be no budget for it.

3)You call it an iTouch when it is an iPod touch. Which make me wonder if you even used it thinking it works like a touch. It is unbelievably faster and the specific iPad apps wouldn't work on a touch because the screen is too small.

I highly doubt you work for Apple with how you talk about the products.

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Apple did not give iPads to its customers today.

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Did i say customers?? haha, I meant employees! Trust me, I would know.

• SteveC
    via Wordpress

Turns out the store mgr did this out of his own pocket, he apparently has a way to deduct this as a business expense similar to xmas party he throws every year, all the employees at this location have been her for at least 2 years.

• granny smith
    granny smith Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

not true. the very nature of how apple retail works prevents stores from having solely employees with more than one year of experience. there are new employees hired at the very least before holiday and back to school quarters. not to mention that apple retail does not provide any managers with such a lavish budget for parties, bonuses, awards or otherwise.

this is nothing but a troll.

• stryg
    stryg Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

aslrkyhtfnerjouu5yh5fprktilyjuyteqtyjuhtrdegrhfihgtfrhydugfghfjtihgfyuevhbvgjhyi

iPad is awesome, i am typing this comment with one