iPhone OS 4.0: Hack Can Enable Multitasking On iPhone 3G

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone OS 4.0: Hack Can Enable Multitasking On iPhone 3G

One of the major disappointments about iPhone OS 4.0 for users who own iPhone models older than iPhone 3GS is the lack of multitasking support on their devices in the latest iPhone OS (in fact iPhone OS 4.0 won’t be available to original iPhone and iPod Touch users). Steve Jobs...

Read the full story here

Comments

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

so how do we edit this plist?

• Monkhouse
    Monkhouse Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Karl, fury off u need OS 4. So if u don't have that (and u probably don't :P) then just sit tight and see what this hack becomes after 4.0 is released. Chances are u won't have to manually do it, for that would require u to have direct access to the values, but instead a software such as jailbreaking will do it for u.

To sum it up, this value doesn't exist on the current 3.x OS. so u can't do it yet. So just be patient until OS 4.0 is released, then worry about it.

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

Karl bro what happen to my posting

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

Yea yea apple has been spewing the whole "hardware just won't support it " bull since iPhone 2.0. Yet us jailbreakers have been able to somehow record video WITH sound regardless of thesupposed fact it just won't work as an example of something that "cannot" be done. They just want us to continue buying the next best model that miraculously has the features the last one "just wouldn't" support. Laughable it is.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

the has been several hacks that enable multitasking on all iphones for a while now

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

it's not even worth it because the 3G is so sluggish. i'm just wondering what does the new iphone model has in store...

• cuc
    cuc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

they should stop workin on a freakin software that its not even out yet n unlock the iphone 3.1.3 already!!!

• ben
    via Wordpress

I must have an "odd" phone. Mines not "sluggish" at all. Jailbroken, backgrounder and all.

• Monkhouse
    Monkhouse Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

We all know the backgrounders on jb phones work. What he's saying is that apples version of multitasking is sluggish on the older models. I'm sure it will work, and work well, but will slow the phone down to an extent. The toppin being discussed here is that through changing a value, multitasking can be added to the 3g models when 4.0 is released. It may slow the phone down a little, buy this may be a sacrifice some are willing to make.

• 3.1.3 Jail break anyone
    via Wordpress

right.. i am sitting with a 3.1.3 new base band for months... jailbreaks ipad and 4.0???? um i think there is work to do with 3.1.3 ....I understand they cant let apple see whats up for 4.0 but i dont give a ****...i would rather jailbreak 3.1.3 and not upgrade to 4.0 until they get that done. Green poison dev team whats realy good.....

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

So apple can't do what the jailbreak devs can?

That's piss weak. Apple just wants people to buy new phones.

When the new iPhone comes out, it will proavly have some feature that the 3Gs could support, but won't. Then apple can sell more phones.

They're top notch capitalist.

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Another thing I have heard it that when apple brought 3.0 out, the 3G had a massive speed drop.

Wouldn't be suprised if it was premeditated, so as to get people to buy the new 3Gs.

Bad man. Very mad man, apple.

• karl
    via Wordpress

of course i have os 4.0 matter of fact im dev a app for the app store just for 4.0. i have actualy managed to jailbreak os 4.0 with icy if anyone wants to know how i did it email me

• karl
    via Wordpress

dno thanks for calling me bro tho (its more friendly)

• vc
    vc Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

im interested in how you jailbroke 4.0. i dont know your email mine is bluedrib@yahoo email me please.

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

how come apple couldnt give us a feature similar to multitasking that can run on the 3g.i would have also love that nifty feature that the 3gs has that allows u to spit a artist name or song but the 3g couldnt handle that either,And they wonder why we jailbreak our iphones!!!

• ben
    via Wordpress

Hey Mr jobs, my 2g iPhone can record 8 hours of video, multi task and more.....even tho you sez it can't haz it.

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Honestly people, I've had my phone jb'd since 2 years ago (8gb 3G). After awhile, it does slow down some, springboard needs respringing, apps freeze up, etc...

Everytime i've had to restore, my iphone immediately ran much quicker and faster before jailbreaking again.

Jailbreaking gets us what we need and want, but with all the extra code, space, and workarounds needed to pull it off, it's definitely not as fast as it would be if it were already built in by apple.

• Clark
    Clark Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

My 3G is slow enough as it is. I can barely scroll through my springboard pages without a freeze. I think that Apple might have made a good decision about this. Just my opinion.

• kyle
    kyle Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Hey, does anybody know if they will be coming out with a hack to allow iphone 2g's to install iphone 4.0? If not I'm screwed...

• lucas
    lucas Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

please send me the info as well im a developer too but im too lazy to figure it out my email is 92blu@optonline.net

• kevinator741@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

It Doesn't Need a Hack there's a 4.0 firmware for iPhone 2g's

• chandra.321@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

KARL BRO I"M CHANDRA WUD PLS EMAIL ME HOW U JAIL BREAK OS 4.0 WITH MULTITASKING WUD BE HELPFUL.THANKS

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

hey man i would like to know

• techuelx
    techuelx Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    please admin help me i cant enable in my iphone 3g