Twitter Acquires Tweetie; Will Be Renamed "Twitter For iPhone" And Available For Free

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTwitter Acquires Tweetie; Will Be Renamed "Twitter For iPhone" And Available For Free

Twitter has announced that the company is acquiring Tweetie, the hugely popular Twitter iPhone app. In a recent blog post, Evan Williams, the CEO and co-founder of Twitter revealed that the application shall be renamed "Twitter for iPhone" and will be made available free of charge over the next few...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

I always used tweet deck for iphone b/c it was the best free one around never wanted to pay for something like that but i'll give it a shot once it is re-relieased

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

My favorite is Twitterrific, it rocks!

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

I had tweetie when it first came out for 2 dollars. But like 3 weeks ago I took it off to put it back on and it wasn't there. What was there was tweetie2 for more money. That had me mad as I got pressured to move to the new one. But I didn't pay for it and moved to in other app. Very happy Twitter is doing this. The app is great. I can't wait and free. I have tweetdeck and tweeterific

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Just checked it out tweetie2 $2.99. Please keep us informed when it's free.

• Strulf
    Strulf Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

I tried tweetdeck and twitterific but nothing compares to tweetie 2. I'm a bit angry that it will be free since I bought it but - well, never mind ;) At least I don't have to pay for another new version of it!