New iPhone OS 4.0 SDK Agreement Prohibits Use Of Flash-To-iPhone Compiler

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew iPhone OS 4.0 SDK Agreement Prohibits Use Of Flash-To-iPhone Compiler

Apple and Adobe have been at loggerheads for quite some time over the non-availability of Flash on the iPhone OS platform. While Apple has argued that a resource hogging software like Flash could drain the iPhone's battery and hence may not run on the device, Adobe has insisted that the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• frogermann8
    frogermann8 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

why doesn't adobe just go to jail broke iphone that way people would be able to use flash finally apple is never going to let them onto the iphone platform it seems they really dont like adobe for some reason

• Sharkbitte
    Sharkbitte Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

They dont like for 2 reasons, battery drain and the huge amount of resources flash need to run, not to mention the heat issue.

• Salvadorean
    Salvadorean Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

Hey yeah I am back, I rremember that after six months of the first jailbroken iPhone I noticed that I was able to use flash player in most of the websites in despite of flaking imagine after heating up the processor. This feature is no longer available for unknown reasons
    but there was an issue while playing QuickTime formats.
    New flash player platform must run smoothly while you run multi apps featuring in the background itself.
    Good luck developers!
    8-|

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

we should fill up a petition online and send it to adobe, asking them to release flash via cydia, who's with me :)

• kgn340
    kgn340 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i love how these guys piss on each other and it all lands on us, the user.

• Syncere010
    Syncere010 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yo, I agree with you 100%!!! There is a stupid beef going on with Apple and Adobe and the only people being affected by it are the iPhone owners!!! Since apple doesn't want 2 support flash from adobe, then make it available 4 jailbroken iPhones!!! We don't care about apples rules anyway...

• TruthDivine666
    TruthDivine666 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This has been going on 4 to long... All apple is doing is giving us all a bunch of lies as 2 y they won't bring flash 2 the iPhone... I'd personally rather they say that they don't like adobe than 2 make excusess!!! Here is a hint to adobe on a real good way 2 piss the apple coorporation off... Jus make the flash app available 4 jailbroken devices via cydia, rock, or ****... I've supported apple from the 1st to the 3gs and I promise that if the next iPhone doesn't have flash and a light 4 the camera, I won't buy nair nother iPhone...

• JonGoBOOM
    JonGoBOOM Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Sadly, I think that a company as big as Adobe endorsing something which is illegal simply to get at Apple, would probably get noticed, and then Apple would have some legal backing for some lawsuit or another, which probably wouldn't end well for anybody.

• cool apps
    cool apps Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Commerce, Commerce, all is on $$$$$$.

• tyler
    tyler Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Not true at all, dipshit. Those are just awful excuses thrown out by apple.

• mikez
    mikez Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

it's all about Money, Apple does not want flash because it would allow the use of all of the FREE flash software out there Mainly Games, that will directly compete with the apple store's game's that apple charges for. If you are familiar with some of the games in the Apple Store you can see quite a few that were recreated Free Flash games that you have to pay Apple for. and it would not stop there, as once it became possible to run Flash on the Iphone/Ipad people can create all sorts of interactive apps that again will compete with the Apple store whether or not they offer those apps for free or simply undercut apples prices, It's called competition, and history has shown that for the most part it's a good thing, especially for the consumer.