iPhone OS 4.0 Hints At Front Facing Camera in Next Gen iPhone

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone OS 4.0 Hints At Front Facing Camera in Next Gen iPhone

The iPhone OS 4.0 brings with it a lot of interesting and highly requested features like multitasking and folder management to the iPhone. But knowing Apple, we are likely to see many more surprises when Steve Jobs unveils the next generation iPhone later this year. One of the features that...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

oh how i hope... that will be great Video calling has been around for years in Japanese cell phones so bring it on apple. and if apple does it others will follow and every one will be able to use it. and just imagine the sweet IMing apps that we will get too.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Sounds great...but I'm sure AT&T will find a way to suck some more money out of us. Probably a special video provision on the account for $20. You know what's sad...I just saw an add for AT&T high speed internet, for the home, and it's only $19.99 a month. We pay more than that for the internet on our phones...If the iPhone wasn't so freakin awesome, I'd switch carriers.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

I think the deal breaker would be if there wasnt at least a 5mp cam with a led flash or some kind of flash on it. although an 8mp cam would be better. That HTC Evo is looking pretty sweet and apple needs to combat them and android and crush them completely

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

When i was in Japan i had DoCoMo ( a iphone carrier ) and video calls were no more than a regular phone call. and there was no such thing as 3g yet it was all over a Edge network. there should be no need for AT&T to charge for this. then agin they cant even give us tethering so this might also be a feature that we will be denied.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

COMPUTER-LESS VIDEO CHAT....WHAT A BEAUTY!! IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

thats not the problem though...its the whole industry. people pay $30 a month for blackberry data plans for verizon too. not to mention on a such a lame interface like b-berrys. at&t and those companies are money-sucking hogs

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

Htc evo looks amazing.. iPhone better try and compete against this!!! Please

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
  • Colly
    Colly Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I presume the next generation iPhone will be running OS 4.0 as they will be released around the same time?

• Predator
    Predator Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Another hint of front facing camera is an app called Fring. I have been using fring for some time, last week went to place a video chat call, I got a message saying this device doesn't have a front facing camera. This being a native iPhone app that is on iTunes app store, for it to show that message makes it almost a definate exspectation on the 4g.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I can't imagine Apple not adding a front facing camera on the new iPhone. What other hardware would sell? A flash?? Not when you're trying to save battery life.