iPhone OS 4.0: First Video Walkthrough Of Folders

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone OS 4.0: First Video Walkthrough Of Folders

Folders was one of the major features announced by Apple in iPhone OS 4.0 at today’s special event. With over 185,000 iPhone apps on the App Store and the subsequent increase in the number of apps users purchase and install on their iDevices, a better app management feature like Folders...

Read the full story here

Comments

• L0VE 2 HACk
    L0VE 2 HACk Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

WOW, I am kinda upset with apple
    They are leaving all of the loyal iphone users which bought the iPphone,iPhone 3g in the wind by not haveing multitasking support. If a individual developer can develop a multitasking app why can't apple.

So now apple is basically telling me screw you because I decided to buy an iphone 3g, which they marketed as a significantly faster iphone. That is just stupid. The only good thing I had from that press conference was the safety knowing the Os4 will be released during the summer which means the 5.12 baseband unlock will be released soon after

THANKS ALOT APPLE YOU SCREWED ME AGAIN

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

You do realize that they are running a business not a charity. When the 3G came out it WAS a faster iPhone. Then a faster iPhone, 3Gs, came out then, another faster and better iPhone will come out.
    You don't expect a Nissan 350z to get upgraded when the 370z comes out even though they could. They want you to buy each new product. O and by the way, you will. You can't help it. Start saving. ,:D

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

Nothing new to me, i can get everything and more on my jailbroken iphone in cydia , even Jobs admits it when he talks about bringing these new features to the iphone, "now these new features that once where available to few now available to everybody" WHAT A BASTARD!!! Cydia and their team of developers should sue this asswhole for stealing their ideas

• mike
    via Wordpress

This is true for me too. I love my jailbroke iphone. But you have to admit that apple does multitasking better than anything on Cydia and it is free. Good Jobs Apple. Can't wait for the angry replies. :D

• Clepto
    Clepto Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I was just thinking the same thing. All apple did was search cydia and copy the devs ideas. All these features should have been in the 3gs. I'm thanking the true developers (cydia devs) fir the nice features in 4.0

• Domingo
    Domingo Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I agree with you. I have a 3g and basically all things can be achieved with Cydia. Besides they forgot about us. At least they should give some kind of discount to upgrade to a new iphone.

• anonym1234
    anonym1234 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Let's say i download the OS 4 SDK from somewhere across the interwebz. Is it possible to upgrade my 3GS and still go back to 3.1.3/3.1.2?

• Drdirty
    Drdirty Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

The video is in some lameass foreign language

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

I am so pissed!! My black and white TV cant displays the new color shows. And I cant see them in HD either.

That's what some people sound like when they complain about Multitasking not running on 3G and earlier iPhones. I have a 3G too and I'm disappointed. But if the hardware cant provide a good support for it it make sense to disable it on 3G. The only question is it truly a performance issue? Jailbreakers will probably have that answer for us by next week.

• Johnebs
    Johnebs Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I don't see why not. Apple is still signing the 3.1.3.

• Singing Lessons Melbourne
    via Wordpress

Apple is playing all of these news together Ipad and 4.0
    What ever or not they got in talking again. Good marketing strategy

• mike
    via Wordpress

I guess it is a RAM problem on the 3G - Multitasking needs more and only the newer models can deliver...

• metronome
    metronome Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

The 3g just runs out of ram and keeps locking up. It can just about cope with being an iPhone nevermind running multiple apps.

The 3gs is a different beast and is solid and hardly ever has problems.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

That's a Real nice solution for sorting 'Categories'
    Am I the only one who's thinking twice about JBing??

• Las Vegas Contractor
    via Wordpress

The iPhone OS 4.0 sounds awesome! I wonder if this will work on my iTouch 2G (8GB)? I sure hope so. Guess I'll have to wait eagerly for summer.

• anonym1234
    anonym1234 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Yep! With folders and multitasking I won't really have a need to jailbreak. :D

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

I agree. What would sell me now is a way to customize the alert tones. If they can do that then I'm done with jailbreaking...

• HG
    HG Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

wow its in polish and i m from poland

ha ha u dont understand a thing he is saying:P

• Noneya
    Noneya Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

Your POST made my brain hurt. I don't know what the **** you just said.

• xenosteel
    xenosteel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

My brain is bleeding.