Apple Acknowledges iPad's Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues; Provides Steps To Fix It

Options
Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Acknowledges iPad's Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues; Provides Steps To Fix It

Yesterday, we had reported that iPad users were complaining on Apple Discussions that they were facing Wi-Fi connectivity issues. Users were reporting that their iPad had difficulty in detecting Wi-Fi signals even from locations where other devices picked up the signal without any issue. Apple has now acknowledged the iPad's...

Read the full story here

Comments

• trance68
    trance68 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

This is a great idea, but I am not using Dual Band technology! In fact, I'm only using 802.3G on an 8 year old Actiontec GT701-WG.

What about a fix for the rest of us?

• trance68
    trance68 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

I tried the network factory reset. Let's see if that does anything...

• Fyta
    Fyta Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    Options

This is retarded, just like the ipad.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Options

No Fyta, your mother is retarded, and should be slapped for having a dirtbag bastard like yourself - GFY:)

• Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress
    Options

No fyta...it is you who is retarded!

Sent from my iPad.

• bjele
    bjele Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Resetting the Network solved my problem. However...this wipes out all the network passwords, so be prepared to re-enter the hotspot security codes for your house, work, coffeeshop, etc.

• cantenna
    cantenna Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Jeff Harrison
    Options
    I remember having this issue; it was really annoying being forced to use the new iPad, only in the same room as my wifi router because of the poor range. I've searched endlessly on Google, in the hope that someone would figure out on how to solve this, once and for all... In the end though, I found a couple of reviews of Pong Research 's cases, that convinced me to give it a try. This case is built with an antenna in between layers of the back cover, which redirects and boosts the power of the signal and increases the range of the wifi antenna on the iPad. After getting one, I couldn't be happier with my new toy! And that's not all, one of the features I like the most is their Origami Cover which folds in 5 different positions while still maintaining the sleep/wake function.
  • Cydiahelpsux
    Options
    I remember having this issue; it was really annoying being forced to use the new iPad, only in the same room as my wifi router because of the poor range. I've searched endlessly on Google, in the hope that someone would figure out on how to solve this, once and for all... In the end though, I found a couple of reviews of Pong Research 's cases, that convinced me to give it a try. This case is built with an antenna in between layers of the back cover, which redirects and boosts the power of the signal and increases the range of the wifi antenna on the iPad. After getting one, I couldn't be happier with my new toy! And that's not all, one of the features I like the most is their Origami Cover which folds in 5 different positions while still maintaining the sleep/wake function.
    +5 necroposting points!