Performance Test: iPad & iPhone 3.2 Vs iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3.0 Vs iPhone 2G & iPhone 2.0

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePerformance Test: iPad & iPhone 3.2 Vs iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3.0 Vs iPhone 2G & iPhone 2.0

The iPhone platform has come a long way since it was first introduced in 2007 with the first generation iPhone. While the operational elements have not changed a great deal since then, long time iPhone users will vouch for the rapid strides observed in the performance levels through the several...

Read the full story here

Comments

• O
    O Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
  • anonym1234
    anonym1234 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

hopefully in 5 years we'll be able to play ps3 quality games on our iPad 4G Mini :D

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

holy ****
    i wish it had been OVER NINE THOUSAND times faster...thatd have been cool.....

• Amadeus
    Amadeus Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

It's over nine thousand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

*that would have been cool
    im an idiot

• edy
    edy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I not to fast.. but I eat my peas and kkkkkarrots...

• klutch
    klutch Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Wow they improved their product over 3 years and made it faster. Thats not news

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Ok, strip away the crap that these so called analysts spout and look directly at the hardware facts, in 2007, pc processor speeds ground to a halt, 3.06Ghz was about the top whack industry standard, a few hit 3.66, but as a rule, 3.06 was the norm.
    With the iPhone, it's the same story, the hardware Apple decided to use was higher level IC's and to cram them all into a hand sized package limited that hardware's performance, plus battery drainage had to be considered.
    Onto today, the performance of modern multilayer IC technology has increased tenfold, giving us far greater speeds from much smaller IC packages, the same IC's now carry the circuitry that used to fill a small PCB, in turn, that allows more space for storage chips.
    Ok, Kudos to Apples engineers you say, Kudos to design teams like Samsung & LG I say, it's their engineers who design the packages, all Apples guys do is work out where the parts need to go, like a huge jigsaw.
    Did Apple actually employ a team to design their Soc A4? I doubt very much, ok, a bunch of them sat at a corporate table and said "we want" but the finer points were made possible by an outside company, licenced by Apple
    All in, I don't really rate comparisons by analysts, because we already know that the next device will be quicker than the last one.

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

How old are you? Did you get permission from your mother to be on the Internet?

• Hmmm
    Hmmm Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

dont really understand the point in this.

all apps are purpose built for these devices so we already know the app will perform to an acceptable standard.

why compare the ipad and iphone, they may have the same OS but one is a mobile and the other is a kinda netbook replacement. we all new the ipad would be more powerful.

why not compare a random nokia phone and a netbook while your at it. or a calculator and a microwave.

just seems like pointless info to me.