Video Shows Multitasking Working On Jailbroken iPhone 3G Running iPhone OS 4

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVideo Shows Multitasking Working On Jailbroken iPhone 3G Running iPhone OS 4

The iPhone OS 4 preview page on Apple’s websites states that not all features are compatible with all iDevices and points out that the multitasking feature won’t be available for iPhone 3G and the second-generation iPod touch users. Steve Jobs had also clarified in the Q&A session during the iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• el Braddles
    el Braddles Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Upgrade to the new model of the phone. Stop whinging.

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

That's what I'm saying!!!

• Jusco
    Jusco Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Why doesn't Apple just give us the option to turn multitasking off or limit the number of Apps that the 3G can keep open at the same time? Limited multitasking would be better than no multitasking.

• Jusco
    via Wordpress

I'm not exactly sure what "whinging" is but not everyone can afford to upgrade their iPhone every year. Don't forget that just a year ago the 3G was still the most current model.

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Since when does apple give you the option to do anything. With their idiotic products you do what they say.

• Gohans
    Gohans Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

If you want it so bad on your 3G, fucking save your money and buy one, stop your whining. If apple allows multitasking on the 3G, you all will be whining about the slowness response of the phone or some idiots will sue apple for releasing an update that slows down the 3G.

So either way you all will be whining!!!
    STFU already!

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

Why are people complaining? You guys do realize the day after 3G users get OS 4.0, the jailbreak community will post a tweak on Cydia to enable multitasking. I do agree with gohans, most of 3G users' contracts will end soon (assuming you got the 3G when it was first released) so just buy the 4th Generation iPhone.

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

Bullshit, that wasn't a 3G iPhone. You can see how fast it runs. Wife's and brother's 3G doesn't not run that fast. If you look carefully everything was run too smoothly on that suppose 3G iPhone. Just my 2 cents in that video. He did not prove to us whether it was a 3G phone other than saying it is.

• Egypt
    via Wordpress

Personally, I don't think its BS. Think about it: The iPhone 3G S would run more smoother because it has more ram. The video shown above shows how much you have to wait to have the application actually respond (Example: The Clock application opened fast but it did not load up like a 3G S would). I agree that the it did seem pretty smooth, but don't you think that Apple would improve OS in terms of smoothness?

Your Wife's and brother's 3G doesn't run that fast because your still running 3.x.x.
    Unless they have OS 4.0.

In conclusion, I do believe this video is legit in terms of "the iPhone shown above is in fact a 3G."

Anyone care to comment on my reasoning?

• nsfw
    nsfw Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Most 3G users will be up for a two year subsidized renewal at some point in 2010. Maybe not the fisrt day the forth version is released but soon after.
    I love when people who are paying $79 and $99 a month for a smartphone cry poverty when they are required to pony up $199 every two years to keep up with the latest and greatest hardware and features.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

"Apple is in a no-win situation on this one. iPhone 3G users are unhappy that the one of the major features
    in iPhone OS 4.0 is not available to them but if it had enabled this feature for iPhone 3G, Apple would get criticized and receive complaints for the sluggish performance
    after upgrading to iPhone OS 4."

Well said! My thoughts exactly.

• aggitated......
    aggitated...... Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Well, i have a 3G, jailbroken, but only for the multitasking. my phone has never been too slow for me to get upset as it, and if it ever is, i just close an application that im not using, i guess im the only one?? believe it or not 128 MB is alot of room if you use if wisely. oh and isnt Apple saying that flash is a system hog, ext ext (more bs....) the MINIMUM system requirements for either a PC or a MAC is 128mb of ram (and thats with the os of a COMPUTER, not a simple PHONE), surely apple, you can make 3 of your 19 MB programs (haha at most) run on 128 MB.... so if my computer with 128mb of ram can run flash, SURELY you can manage to make multitasking on my 3G.... Unless you want us to start calling your iPhone everything you have called flash (memory hog, outdated, ect....). Its something to think about Apple. Start playing fairly. I wish Adobe would come out with a flash based smartphone, there are already TONS of games out there, and the potential is GREAT. I REALLY wish someone would come out with an iPhone killer, not to kill the iPhone, but make Jobs really have to work for all this money we are all just throwing at him like a stripper on a pole........

• Free:Tard
    Free:Tard Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

3g is as sluggish as **** anyway. Running a jb 3g the only way I could get halfway decent performance was to constantly kill safari and mail in bg. If apple wasn't trying to cloak the ball achingly **** performance of safari by keeping it open as much as possible, all versions would be more performant.

• Skaar
    Skaar Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

You ****, if you had an iphone 3GS you would know that it has compass app that can not be removed because its a stock app and the one in the video clearly doesn't.

Please do your research before bashing on things. Have a great day.

• 3.1.3gs
    3.1.3gs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Find a used one on eBay :)

• Egypt
    via Wordpress

Nice catch! I guess I didn't need to give him an explanation :P

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

actually, it was 2 years ago when the iphone 3g was the newest model. the 3gs has been around for about a year now.

if you bought the 3gs last year, then no worries..if not, time to upgrade.

or just jailbreak.

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

actually, it was 2 years ago when the iphone 3g was the newest model. the 3gs has been around for about a year now.

if you bought the 3gs last year, then no worries..if not, time to upgrade.

or just jailbreak.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

you can hide it using tools from cydia ... u dont remove it u hide it ....

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

but we agree that its not 3gs its 3g

• 3.1.3gs
    3.1.3gs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Thats a 3G, my 3Gs loads that clock up twice as fast.

• Jory
    Jory Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

If anyone has a iphone developer account with slots open please email joryjohnson@ymail.com

im going to buy my 3gs over tomorrow

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

why is there a debate that ppl should update their iphone...

- iphone 3g is NOT old.. not even 2yrs since its release.. it was released in 11July2008.. ppl who bought iphone on the first day are still on contract with ATT!!!!!!!!! well support them... dont screw them!

- well Apple says that 3G cannot support the multitasking... thats just full of crap... proof: the video... if bunch of hackers can do it.. then i m sure iphone techs can do it... unless there are bunch of marketing guys who are also sitting in the same room and saying.. "PLZ do not provide multitasking to iphone 3g guys... lets screw them for a while.. then they will update to 3GS.. and then we can screw then again after one yr from now, so then they will buy new 4G..."

Thanks,
    welcome to iphone 4.0

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

dude,, ****..

its not been 2 yrs!!

• Jusco
    via Wordpress

The 3GS came out June of last year, so a year ago the 3G was still the most current model - even though it had been out for almost a year at that point.
    What it comes down to it, like you said, we either have to upgrade or jailbreak. If Apple won't support their own products fully anymore, then it'll just force more people to circumvent their policies.

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

I'll comment - it's a 3G

• E-moral
    E-moral Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I find it funny how the IPhone 3g will not support multitasking unless it's to show ads. Again the reason to jailbreak.

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

Actually the beta version doesn't really implement multi tasking. I saw a video and read a blog posting on prolificmovement.blogspot.com

The guy there really shed light on the Beta software. He also predicts that the full multi tasking feature would be up and running by the official release.

• Darren
    Darren Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

this kids a douche lol
    the reason the multitasking runs "so fast" on your 3g is because you are running the iphone os 4.0 beta 1 and only multitasking 2 apps....WOW!, after beta 2 you will realize that the 3g is nowhere close to being smooth, as the beta 2 implements more visual elements into multitasking. beta 1 just switches to the other backgrounded apps just like you would open an app from the home screen where as the new beta 2 has a smoother and clever looking flip animation that makes the 3G struggle if you have more than 2 apps open, dont being a little **** and get a 3GS like the rest of us....or...dont use multitasking lol