iPad International Shipment Delayed As US Demand Exceeds Apple's Expectations

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPad International Shipment Delayed As US Demand Exceeds Apple's Expectations

Apple has announced that the "runaway success" of the iPad in the US will affect the sale of its tablet device in the international market. In a media statement released today, the company has revealed that the launch date of the iPad outside the US has been postponed till the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Surprised? No. Americans, we love our gadgets. Perhaps i didn't realize the potential for iPad, but I'm waiting to see what is possible. For now, Im not biting.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Well, I'd like one but waiting a bit longer isn't a real worry
    I'd rather see the results of useage from 'you lot over the pond' before I shell out
    Had a play with one yesterday, a friend brought one back from Miami, nice to use, but didn't quite have that WOW factor. Impressive, yes, bit more to go before WOW :)

• muphinDOTnet
    muphinDOTnet Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

this is a well known marketing ploy, have a set number you know will be used up and then make people wait, generate anxiety and media coverage, people will then become more desperate for one, they did the same thing for the iPhone so doesnt surprise me they did it for the iPad... i really dont see the benefit of buying one, logically it has nothing people need, so i just consider it a toy. only original idea from apple has been the iPhone, nothing else and apple is trying to squeeze every last ounce out of that idea.
    Once the "wow" and "must be the first" people have got their ipads we shall see how well everything goes, Apple is killing themselves with restricting programming languages, removing wifi apps, stupid apps, blocking jail breaking, flash.. those restrictions will backfire once google has established its phone.