Google Reported To Be Working On Android OS Based Tablet Device To Take On iPad

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle Reported To Be Working On Android OS Based Tablet Device To Take On iPad

Following Apple's successful launch of the iPad earlier this month, several players in the technology space are reported to be working on their own tablet devices to take on Apple. Last week, PC manufacturer HP offered a sneak peek into the HP Slate which was described by the company as...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Monkhouse
    Monkhouse Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I def want a portable tablet that has an Ethernet port to configure routers in the IT field when I'm on the job. And webpage HTML editing would be nice and handy, that way you could do a quick update to your site, nothing that requires heavy coding, but being able to do that on the go would be nice. A netbook is a pod answer yes, but they can get sluggish and are more of a hassel than a help.

• samsung jack10835
    samsung jack10835 Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

i would like this more then the ipad but better have good games like the ipad before i buy one

• anonym1234
    anonym1234 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

I'd like this more than the iPad. I think if I'm going to spend that kind of money to get a tablet, im gonna get something that can do more than just my iPhone.

Go Google!

• unreal
    unreal Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Isn't this "news" months old? It's been known that Google has been working on a tablet version of Android since at least last year. And Google doesn't make hardware, they have hardware made *for* them. I would imaging any one of the dozens of companies that have been working on tablets for over a year could supply a device to run Android.

Remember when the New York TImes mattered?

• Steve@gmail.com
    Steve@gmail.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

At least one USB port, pref 2.

NO ADVERTISING. (rolls eyes, as if...)

• hemingway25
    hemingway25 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

When is google going to use the money they have to come out with something new, before Apple does?

• HCWHunter
    HCWHunter Posts: 49
    via Wordpress

Amen to that one! HP, Google, Dell, are all just a bunch of copycats if you ask me. By the time they come to market, Apple is already working on 2.0 to stay WAY ahead. If iAd takes off, which it probably will, then Google is going to be hurt. None of their sideline activities is making them any $$.

HW

• CameronBoswell@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

That will be cool when Google hits the market first on something. Streetview transporter!? If you think about it though, their response time to the iPad will be much quicker than it was for an Android phone to come out to compete with the iPhone. Overall, this competition is great for us. Maybe it will force Apple to not be so proprietary in what they deliver. (I say that as I'm typing on my first Mac. lol) Leaning toward the APad.