Apple Approves Opera Mini Web Browser For iPhone; Now Available On The App Store

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Approves Opera Mini Web Browser For iPhone; Now Available On The App Store

Apple has finally approved Opera Mini web browser for iPhone and you can download it for free from the App store. Norwegian web browser developer, Opera had announced that the company has submitted its Opera Mini iPhone application for approval to the App Store almost three weeks back. Opera Mini...

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

Yeah, so I looked, and it's not there. And I followed your link, and it's not available. There's no way I'm screwing this up. What the hell is going on?

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

Smart move by apple letting opera run on the iPhone , trying to tell(lie) the world they are willing to accept competiion just in time when they are under fire for banning adobe on OS 4.0 Jobs you are an asshole!!!

• JDB
    via Wordpress

Just to let you know, it is NOT currently available on the app store, 8:54pm CST. It may be tomorrow, but it is not right now. Please actually verify your information by at least looking on the app store on the iPhone in your pocket before posting an article. Thanks.

• JL
    JL Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

sez its for the uk not canada(in my case) is on appolo.us tho

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Opera Mini Web browser is available on some App Stores like UK, Australia. It's not available on the US and Canadian App Store yet.

The release date for the iPhone app shows up as April 13 so looks like it will be available in the US in sometime.

We have updated the post accordingly.

• Intencentropy
    Intencentropy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

It's only available on the UK store right now, I imagine it will be available in the US tomorrow.

• JL
    via Wordpress

man dont be sucha douche.. there is more then one app store market... this is on the uk market as we speak ... and like i sed u can dl it from the hacked store if u know wut it is ull find it

• JL
    via Wordpress

i have it installed now... works good testing now

• Victoria
    Victoria Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Hmm! It's not available on the US store or the Singapore store right now. What's going on? It appears UK only for now.

• JDB
    via Wordpress

Hey. **** off. I said it wasn't available before their update. Don't act like you knew everything.

• JDB
    via Wordpress

I see that. Thanks! I was wondering what was going on.

• Amadeus
    Amadeus Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

It came up for a seccond and started to download... But then it said it was bit currently available... Hmmm... Should be soon now, at least u can see the screen shots and description.

• Gabe
    Gabe Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I Just downloaded it in the US Apps store trying it now!!!!!

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

I am from Australia and have obtained the Opera Mini app via the iTunes link.

A few bugs:
    - Pinch zoom method is not perfected, not as streamline.
    - Laggy interface, swapping between interfaces and scrolling feels rather sketchy.

Overall though - It brings what it promises, it truely loads pages rather fast.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Just downloaded it. Gonna test it up.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Yep, it's on the US App Store now.
    So far it seems really fast. :O

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

Hmm I still prefer Safari though... more aesthetically pleasing somehow. Guess it would take some getting used to with this Opera browser.

• SUCIO
    SUCIO Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I thought it was going to allow you to view full web pages vs just the mobile ones...I'm completely disappointed. Even after you turn the mobile view off in the settings, you still get redirected to the mobile sites.

• frylock
    frylock Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

distorts pages, doesn't look as good as safari does, but damn its fast. i thought it said it could zoom in, but i can't figure that out yet.

• Wezzeli
    Wezzeli Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Opera is avaible in Finland 8.17am local time at April 13. Freaking great browser. Works perfectly for me. Iphone 3Gs MC-model.

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

opeah isnt going to fix that because the site you are going to has determined that you are on a mobile device. i know on sites like youtube, facebook and twitter there is a button to view the desktop version of the page, this will work in both sifari and opera.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Opera Mini truly is FAST. I was testing it out in a small town that picked up only 3 bars on Edge and was surprised to see how fast the pages loaded. Meanwhile Safari was slow however I still prefer it. Opera Mini has work to do. It just doesn't flow as smooth as Safari. It feels complicated and real choppy. I deleted it for now but I'll keep my eye out for future updates.

• Macsimos
    Macsimos Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

I live in Florida and got Opera Mini just before 1:00 am on April 13. It is faster than Safari but comes with a few bugs. I wasn't able to copy text from Opera Mini and paste it into text fields on Safari for whatever reason. Some updates should be able to fix the issues. Either way it is definitely worth downloading!

• Macsimos
    Macsimos Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

The zoom works just like Safari... Double tap the screen to instantly zoom in/ out or pinch.

• matt
    via Wordpress

Opera mini is damn fast, safari has better scrolling and of course pinch zooming.

My biggest annoyance with opera right now is that when you zoom in on a column and start scrolling, the screen is not locked to that column unlike safari which makes scrolling up and down columns easy. opera'a scrolling makes it very easy to scroll away from the center of your reading which can be very annoying. The other issue i have is that i cant open youtube videos.

Other than that I love opera mini; it is fast and I love how I can scroll down big pages without the checker boarding. Opera has replaced safari on my phone, well almost. I still can't open youtube videos.

Thank you Opera dev team and thank you Apple for finally allowing a LITTLE compilation(not like you can lose anything by approving it) but most of all the Opera dev team should be given many thanks for working hard to open a new chapter for iPhone browsing and working to bring us a great free web browser

• matt
    via Wordpress

Meant for Sucio... wrong reply button, my bad

• Paul Compton
    Paul Compton Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

well it is amazingly fast, some actions don`t seem to work as in safari but only got it today so loads of time to try it..

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Agreed. I think Adobe products should be enabled, and remain in control of the user, not Apple.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

F O S!!!
    Research beforehand!!

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Hmm not as good as I hoped, but I'll jump between Opera and Safari personally. I can live with the slight speed loss of Safari, anyway who cares it didn't cost anything to try, so all good :)