Apple's Stand On Flash Could Hurt Adobe Financially; Evangelist Lashes Out At Apple

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's Stand On Flash Could Hurt Adobe Financially; Evangelist Lashes Out At Apple

Apple updated its iPhone OS SDK Agreement with iPhone OS 4.0 to ban applications built with cross-compiler programs. As we had noted, this has come as a huge blow to Adobe ahead of the launch of its new Flash Professional CS5 suite. The launch, scheduled for April 12, was noted...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lucio
    Lucio Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I think Adobe should and probably will develop Flash for the iPhone but only for jailbroken devices. That would be another awesome reason to jailbreak!

• Y W
    Y W Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

How much can I get on my iPhone 3g 8gb?

• Eddie
    Eddie Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe announces its CS5 suite as a Windows/Chrome OS platform only.. sure it might hurt Adobe sales, but not as much as it would hurt Apple.

I wonder where all this hate derived from?

• metronome
    metronome Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Flash is crap. There isn't any good reason for it. I remember the old days as a kid having to watching flash consume all of my cpu.

It is a dying tech with little relevance in the world today.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I hate flash. I have it blocked even on my pc and only allow it on the few sites that I visit. Most of the flash content out there are just annoying ads anyway. I can live without them

• sugar daddy
    sugar daddy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know if that opera browser ever get rejected or not?

• AnusRingWormsOfAmerica
    via Wordpress

Flash is great to build apps etc but let's face it, it's mostly seen on websites like this one to ADVERTISE! Which is annoying as hell and uses up CPU resourses. I it's only fair to mention that iADs will showing up soon which will also suck!! I do have to say it's a bit sh*tty that apple keeps on tightening it's leesh.

BTW it's odd how all the fanboys praise iphones/ipods yet come here and **** about wanting the Jailbreak. I wish someone could explain that part for me.

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

HTML 5 and JQuery are the way of the future.

• DDA
    DDA Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

What kind of future are we talking about, 6 months, 1 year or 10 years, is it so hard to make Flash available for now and worry about the upgrade when it becomes available. For now it is sure a big missing part of the ALL MIGHTY iPhone and iPad.
    I really like to know what time frame they are talking about, please!!!

• Not true
    Not true Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Totally wrong at would hurt adobe way more, last i read Mac Photoshop had like 50 percent of the Photoshop market share... So no that would hurt apple way less...that would be a terrible move by adobe and would ruin them or hurt them drastically.

• ynnel
    ynnel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

HTML5 is the way to go!!!!!!!!

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I think a big chunk of that 50% using Photoshop on a Mac are people who work in professional imaging companies and require the latest upgrades. If Adobe made CS5 available on PCs only, I don't see why these companies wouldn't invest in PCs. One of the reasons Mac can't beat PC aside of the cheaper price, is the fact that there is way more software available for PCs than Macs. I'm not defending PCs, I'm just pointing out how software can play a role in computer sales. Even when iPhone jailbreaking software becomes available in only one platform, there's chaos.

By the way, if you haven't taken a look at CS5 yet, let me just say that it is VERY impressive. Especially Photoshop.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

And yes it would hurt Adobe a bit but you have to fight fire with fire.

• and
    and Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

adobe should stop developing for apple systems. and not just apple but all companys. let it sink apple is the biggest dik head company of all times. it deserves to sink

• Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Anti-Trust lawsuit... It's coming.
    MS gets sued for including its own browser and media player in its own OS. EU makes the new Windows7 have a ballot to help users install a 3rd party browser...

Apple iPhone can only use Apple's App store and now this move.

I hate apple, but love the iphone. Such a torn relationship.

• ELECTRO
    ELECTRO Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I do not hate Flash or like flash. Flash is a good program itself. Its the Flash programmer that put annoying ADS using Flash.

• Krew-92
    Krew-92 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

How can you people hate FLASH for the developers who make ads out of them? They need to make money one way or another.... You people saying you don't like FLASH because the ADs, the I guess you don't watch Television since there are ADs all the GOD DAMN TIME!

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

Just because you hate it does not make it a dying tech. I am very frustrated at the number of websites I cannot visit because the Iphone cannot use flash.
    It hurts us iphone users.

• Scott
    via Wordpress

Problem with it on the iphone, you cannot turn it on for the sites you cant visit.
    And as everyone knows there are plenty of sites you cannot enter because the homepage is all flash.
    Its frustrating I cannot use my iphone for every website.
    I can care less abour adobe or apple, just make my phone work anywhere I visit.

• Scott
    via Wordpress

Dont worry Apple will get sued for this and some of its other practices.
    We need an iphone that works on any website.

• Scott
    via Wordpress

Just wait until you see all the ad's Apple is planning to roll out since they are building that into 4.0

• Jobs Rules
    Jobs Rules Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HAHA!!

CNN calls Adobe -> "ADOPE" "The company's Creative Suite 5 programs include new versions of Photoshop, the photo editing software, and Flash, Adope's animation and video format that is somewhat in jeopardy because Apple products don't support it."

• Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

**** JOBS and his **** head attitude..... Dont get me wrong here.. I'm a designer and a huge apple fan of comuters and adobe products.... But WTF jobs... quite being a little **** about FLASH... Every other smart phone as it on it.... Droid, Blackberry, etc...

i look at like this... Jobs is holding out cause they want to build the app and sell it and make huge money.... FINE DO IT... at least than we will have flash on our phones... 75% of the top website in the world use flash and some sort of database system... why have a smart phone that is missing the biggest thing to make it a complete smart phone and not just another toy that i own.... so in short.. PONY UP ****!!!! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT OR MAYBE WE CAN ALL EMAIL ADOBE AND SEE IF THEY WILL PUSH OUT THERE APP FOR JAILBROKEN IPHONE OVE CYNTHIA!!! NO THAT WOULD ROCK!!!!!!