RipCode Brings Flash Content To iPad And iPhone

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRipCode Brings Flash Content To iPad And iPhone

We all love Apple's new iPad. However, one of the biggest complaints that users have had about the newly launched tablet device is its inability to run Flash. But if a recent announcement by Texas based RipCode is anything to go by, we may soon be able to watch Flash...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

If the end user can't tell the difference between a Flash or HTML5, what's the problem?
    Ok, we know Flash ain't going to happen & moaning isn't going to change that, so why not just accept the fact & just use HTML5??

• phosphorus
    phosphorus Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

Why won't apple render the flash video on THEIR servers to save battery for all devices.
    WHY???????????????????

• David A
    David A Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I agree with you as I'm a web designer who just switched off flash so that my sites work on the iPad and iPhones. You just need to do what you need to do. Don't complain waiting for something to happen, just change with the time it's happening.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Apple just likes making us wait. I don't care which is better. Just give us something! Not everyone is using HTML5 yet and we can't get Flash so we are left with nothing.

And here's a question, will these converted flash files be interactive or just play videos?

• asif
    asif Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

come on guys we dont need that we need a 3.1.3 jailbroke and unlock 1st plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz relase the tool..............

• xsvl
    xsvl Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

I think we all should all return to STANDARDS based web designing. HTML5 ftw!

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

apple wont let flash on there products becouse of all the flash based games...they feel this will hit the app store sales....face book alone has lots of flash based games , farm ville that are free to play.....this is a sales plan plain and simple...all the devices that let flash work do not depend on a app store as there main source of reveniue as apple does...

• nsfw
    nsfw Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

@chris that is 100% it. its not about stability or battery life. never has been. its about cash and protecting the app store. if you don't believe that, then why wouldn't apple allow third party stores like cydia? your desktop is not limited by microsoft or apple to decide what you install on your machine, why should your mobile computer?

• Tyler S.
    Tyler S. Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

HTML5 and CSS3 currently only work in Safari and Chrome, why the hell would I develop in a language that only 2 browsers can render? Thats way worse than Flash.

Hmmm, should I support apple or the rest of the known universe...

• mars
    mars Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

A Question -

What are the roadblocks that have prevented 'hackers' from installing flash into an iPhone?

Why is this such a giant hurdle?

I am asking for technical reasons not for lack in faith of the prowess of the hacker community, of which I have great respect.

• T Dub
    T Dub Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Jobs had to tuck his tail again today. I like my iPad, but Droid is my choice because of network and function. Stevie's arrogance.has again prevented apple from domination...

• Richard Lovell
    Richard Lovell Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It's so stupid not having Flash. 1/2 the web can't be used. Makes the iPad silly. I try to do some work and can't find the info I need because the site uses Flash. Please get real!!! I'm taking mine back and will fire up the Airbook again.