Pulitzer Prize Winner Reveals His iPhone App Was Rejected For Ridiculing Public Figures [Updated]

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePulitzer Prize Winner Reveals His iPhone App Was Rejected For Ridiculing Public Figures [Updated]

You may know Mark Fiore as the popular caricaturist whose animated political cartoons have regularly appeared on publications like San Francisco Chronicle. Earlier this week, Fiore created history by becoming the first online-only journalist to win a Pulitzer prize. However, the satirical nature of Fiore's politial cartoons don't seem to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mercuryshadow
    Mercuryshadow Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Can't wait to see the fanboys defend Apple for this.

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

All Apple is good for is restricting everything to their liking. That's why I sold all my Apple products and moved on to better things.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Then why are you still interested? My thoughts are that apple has the right to do as they see fit. The app store does belong to them! Why not get mad at walmart or target for not selling certain items! It's the same thing! Grow up and quit your bitching!!

• mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Apple get a clue, you ridiculas overlord strategy will be your demise as you become a big player. Many people love apple, myself included, but that level has dropped significantly over the past few years - I used to think I would never go to a non iPhone cell, but thanks to stupid thinks like this I have lowered my pasion with this view. Basicall let me make my choices not you, apple should segment the content to pre advis what apple thinks of the content, but I should get to make the final choice!!!! As another example, even though I have bought many apple mac,s iPhones,and iPod products, and everyone thought I would be first in line for the ipad, but I absolutly won't be buying it as it does not offer the Internet, flash may suck in your opinion, but it's a part of the experience for womwhere near 80% of sites! So let me choose battery life over full experience like it or not - apple is not writing the flash viewer so it costs apple nothing!!!!!! Let your consumers choose or fall out of favor with your most loyal customers!

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Step 1) Make everything a violation of our tos
    step 2) dont allow apps we dislike on the store and justify using tos
    step 3) change tos to restrict anything we dont like that slips through the cracks
    step 4) repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary

• Pyroskee
    Pyroskee Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I 100% agree with you.

• Pyroskees
    Pyroskees Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Worst rationalization ever. More precisely it would be like Wal-Mart selling you a product, and then telling you that you can't use them on certain days. That's exactly what happening. I've payed for my iPhone, i should be able to do whatever the hell I choose to do, just like I would be able to on a Mac, or PC, or anything else for that matter. What Apple is doing right now, is being a Tyrant with their App Store and disproving apps that don't share their point of view, or their image of usability. You might say, ' well then don't buy the product', and well to be honest thats probably what I'll do.

• mabbent
    mabbent Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

You have to remember the Apple is Steve Jobs. To understand Apple/Steve just go back and watch the old SNL "When Disney rules the World" skits and remember he believes this stuff (is that why he owns more of Disney than anyone else, hmmm).

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

Apple sucks badly. This corporate fascism from them illustrates to me quite succinctly why indeed they are so restrictive in the IT / proprietary /app domain. They are just f-ing power freak fascists all round.

The only reason I have an i-phone now is because (a) Nokia screwed up on the speakerphone of their N97, which I had to return twice, and then got rid of it, (b) maemo is still relatively undeveloped, and (c) because I am thankfully able to jailbreak the iphone and bypass the ludicrous restrictions that apple tries to impose.

The N97 still outshines the iphone in many areas, such as browsing, camera and screen. What Apple has going for it is an army of lemmings sucked in by marketing so that attracts the writing of apps. But Android will no doubt soon have an abundant enough level of apps to make the plethora available on iphone irrelevant.

And when it does, goodbye to apple, no revenue to them forever more from this consumer.

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

And Disney is a **** purveyor and is looking to change their appstore policy there in the near future. Elitist agenda to the "T".

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Go back to Androidspin