AT&T: iPhone Tethering Not Coming Anytime Soon

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T: iPhone Tethering Not Coming Anytime Soon

Is AT&T a better network today than it was a year earlier? Executives at Ma Bell would definitely say so. The company is noted to have been working on improving the network infrastructure in several high iPhone density areas in the past few months. The results have been positive with...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Crap, Crap, Crap!
    via Wordpress

Well, that is crap!

• JP
    JP Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

...and that's why we jailbreak our phones.

• 1hihum
    1hihum Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I haven't noticed fewer dropped calls. If anything, i have noticed MORE dropped calls! I think it's kinda crappy too that they jump all over the iPad bandwagon, and give it the same service that they are withholding for the iPhone, even though we have been with them for years already, and as stated, the service was announced almost a year ago! But i am not surprised at all, after all, it IS AT&T. Welcome to more bullshit in more places.

• bigmack
    bigmack Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I've been waiting to see what happens for sometime now. My contract on both iPhones ends soon. Looks like I will finally jailbreak them and go to another carrier.

• Steve L
    Steve L Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Jailbreak and tether - screw them.

• tolurodo
    tolurodo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Don't u mean unlockin it?

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

Who cares? Install MyWi and tether for free instead of paying an extra $30 a month

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

So tomorrow the ipad 3g comes out. Let's see if my calls start dropping.

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

AT&T allows tethering on their other devices, so what's the problem? Especially since they LIED and told Apple that 3G on iPad would be not problem.

Carriers outside the US allow tethering on their networks so what's the problem AT&T.

I'd rather you spent more time fixing your network than changing your inept slogan and logo. Your service and network are still a joke.

Thank you Apple for partnering with AT&T: lousy network, high prices, dropped calls and no choice in providers.

• AT&T
    AT&T Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

The dropped call thing is an iphone issue. It only happens on 3g with data and voice being used. It doesn't matter what att does its a iphone thing. Tethering with mywi is awesome and if your jailbroken you should look into it.

• AT&T
    AT&T Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

How did apple brick your phone

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

iphonehacks editor... someone made a really good point... which i think you guys should include in your thought process; future articles.. WHY does att allow Apple to release more products which eventually will be tethering.. ipad... why are ATT supporting ipad then?? it will also be sucking their data... haha... its becoming a joke ...

• Chuck C
    Chuck C Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

@1hihum: what r they giving ipad that us iPhone users have been waiting for. R u refering to tethering. Hey genius, ipad isn't getting it either. The article clearly states that no one in AT&T is getting tethering. Pay attention and make sure u have all the facts before u start making illogical and immature arguments.

• Chuck C
    Chuck C Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I meant to say no one within AT&T and Apple is getting tethering. AT&T does offer it on other items just not any apple items.

• luigy
    luigy Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

i think that good idea for the ipad is that they let you clone you phone sim card to micro sim to use with ipad and the phone same time. if you want to use your phone use the data of your phone and if you use the ipad use the phone data too. that will be a good. one for call and data and other to data only. any way i used mywi to get internet on my ipad. the bad thing is that the batery on the iphone drain quickly.

• 1hihum
    1hihum Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Alright wise ass, what I'm referring to is the ipad adding more data usage to AT&T's network, which is what US iphone users have been waiting for. So instead of allowing iphone users to tether, almost a year after it was introduced to iphone users. Get it Genius? And the article doesn't say **** about no one on AT&T's network getting tethering...just us iphone users. Next time pay attention and get YOUR facts straight...dipshit.