iPhone OS 4.0 Hints At Possibility Of Apple Branded Car Kit

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone OS 4.0 Hints At Possibility Of Apple Branded Car Kit

Would you be interested in an Apple branded car kit for your iPhone or iPod Touch? TUAW recently reported that iPhone OS 4.0 includes a new application that makes use of a new "iPod Out" feature that could be used to control the iPhone or iPod Touch when used in...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

iPod 5th generation UI Layout? No thanks.
    $10 Cassette to iPhone Audio? Yes.

• Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress

Yes sir! I've been using my 11 year old stock tape deck since my first 2gb iPod nano lol! It's perfect. I would like it only for a remote as skipping teaks can be annoying having to precisely hit the next button while driving. In FL, you need 100% attention on the road. It's retarded.

• ShaQ1nJ
    ShaQ1nJ Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Have you tried the "Shake to Shuffle" option in the iPod settings? I love using it, especially in the car. When my iPhone is connected into the cassette adapter and I want to skip the track without looking, I usually grab my iPhone, double tap the Home button, and then shake the whole iPhone. A sound is emitted and then the track changes. It's that simple. Trust me, without this little feature, the iPhone is useless in the car. I'm 18 and I'm sure as hell not ready to get a ticket for staring at my iPhone for too long ahahaa

• Juice
    Juice Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Shooot ipad car kit! Video music n maybe navi on the go. Need a better media player for playlist tho.

• Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress

Well, sorry to tell but this would be nothing new. Dice iPod kit or Dension Gateway are capable of comunicating iPod/iPhone with built in radio for years. I've been using Dension adapter for two Years yes it works rather well... Except the sound output of apple devices isn't high enough for me. Still possibiliti of browsing GB with steering wheel is verry nice. Still wonder if Alpine Radio Units with own iPod connections could possibly offer better quality?

• Tebonin
    Tebonin Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

Yea this one is not new for me as well. I do agree that need a better media player.

• Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress

Then again if people are happy with their casette-on-a-string thing i lost all hope xD

• Lil_smiy
    Lil_smiy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

could this enable the iphone to work with those iphone car kits tht only work on hard drive ipods?

• Tebonin
    Tebonin Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

Maybe you like this..but sometimes really uncomfortable for me...
    When I was using it on tram or bus with hundreds people surround you...it is not good "shake it"