Next Generation iPhone Could Get A 5-Megapixel Camera

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNext Generation iPhone Could Get A 5-Megapixel Camera

According to Korean Daily, The Chosun Ilbo, LG Innotek, a subsidiary of Korea based LG Corp could be developing camera sensors for the next generation iPhone. The newspaper quotes reliable sources in the industry to have confirmed the development. The report notes that Apple's next generation iPhone, dubbed iPhone HD,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

SO THE "LOST IPHONE 4G" IS FAKE

• 3.1.2 3Gs
    3.1.2 3Gs Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hmm i doubt this camera will be worth a wank really, and will have a poxy led flash - if had a nice Xenon, then yes, worth it.

• The SAP guy
    The SAP guy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Old news travels slow, the next gen. iPhone has a 5 mp OmniVision made camera at the back with 2, Philips made lexeon led flashlights. Apple also placed a order of 10 million camera units with LG. I know because i saw the order processed in SAP.

• bryan
    bryan Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

how is it fake?
    there was nothing in this article about the leaked 4g iphone except for that it got flash. it spoke nothing about the quality of the camera. (in terms of megapixel)

• Maximos
    Maximos Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

5MP Camera, big deal, my two years old Japanese phone has 8.1 MP camera.

• Rockhampton Lawyers
    via Wordpress

That seems a really good news for LG.SAP...man you are leaking the business security u know.
    But Philips is the one made the flashlights this name has been a while since last time I hear it.

• Radjin
    Radjin Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Just how much garbage do you want to record? The cheap lens and tiny aperture of camera phones do not justify anything above 5MP and likely less. All you’re doing is recording more distortions and wasting valuable memory with higher MP on such a low quality camera.

• Tyler 927
    Tyler 927 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Yea but this is coming form apple, so it kinda is a big deal :)

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

ok, dude, not everything that comes out of apples ass is great. the htc incredible has a 8 meg cam and its actually got features we are all begging for. im just waiting to see if apple decides to quit being gay and sell a better product. this little camera just makes me more dissapointed in apples lack of effort and our stupid asses for supporting apple

I will be the first to admid that i supported a piece of **** like it was gold lol, but the evo 4g looks verry promising

• Maximos
    Maximos Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
  • Tebonin
    Tebonin Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

Totally agree with Jose. Apple makes user feel comfortable using but not all the functions they wanna be the best. They wanna their culture be focus most.

• bit*hass
    bit*hass Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

yeah and the 8.1 MP japanese camera is shitty. Just like the iphones 2 MP camera is better than the droid's 5MP's. Its about lenses... not MP. Apple has better hardware.

• El_toffo
    El_toffo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

The new Nokia has a 12mpix camera, HD video

• El Toffo
    El Toffo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The new Nokia has a 12mpix, with HD video

• Jayb
    Jayb Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Agree the new HTC has a 12MP wtf apple !!!

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Seems like it's only me who is happy with the 3Mp of my Gs then :)
    Then what self respecting photographer uses a camera phone anyway??
    Best cam phone I used was the LG Viewty with 5Mp

• iShaun 3.84
    iShaun 3.84 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I was going to post what bit*hass did.

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

well i kno what you are saying tim, but the camera on a phone is made to catch those OMG moments when you didnt plan on taking pics or vids. and on a phone like my 3gs i cant take pictures in the dark, or where there is just little light. the only good thing it has is the auto focus, but thats about it.

my girlfriend has the htc incredible and it makes my 3gs looks like a piece of ****.

everything on it is better then mine. and its got the bad ass GOOGLE GOGGLES.

now htc can talk **** on apple because it is now the top dog.

if apple ever decides to step it up, htc will come out with a new phone a week later that will have more functionality. while we wait for apple to step it up in 2 years after their bug fixes.

i have to hack my phone to be as cool as the htc incredible, thats when you should know that you have a second grade product.

the only thing holding me back is the hacking community, these basterds are awsome because they always amayze me with what we see on these sites.

These guys deserve our support, not apple

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

My own fave cam phone is the little Sony K800i 3.2 Cyber Shot, bit dated now but had Xenon flash :)
    And agreed, the iPhone cam is adequate for fun pics but anything more serious and I'll use my 12 mpix point n click anyway :)

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

This is a joke. I can't wait to throw my piece of trash iPhone away, and get the Evo 4g on Sprint. At least Sprint's service will be available to me all day, as opposed to AT&T ridiculously poor service that I'm actually able to connect to MAYBE 25% of the time. I've truly had enough with Apple, iPhone, and AT&T. A product with a premium price, with subpar delivery. A phone service provider that charges a premium, and delivers next to NOTHING. I'm finished.

5 megapixel? I could care less. Multitasking, big deal. How about a phone that works even 90% of the time, and a phone that I'm not required to hack into just to get basic features that 90% of all smart phones can do.

Goodbye Apple. I can't wait to be rid of you.

• Risk and Compliance
    via Wordpress

Nokia is going to release phone with SLR camera.