Hackers Working On Custom iPhone OS 4.0 For iPhone 2G

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHackers Working On Custom iPhone OS 4.0 For iPhone 2G

Apple plans to release its next generation iPhone - iPhone OS 4.0 in June. The release of iPhone OS 4.0, which includes several features such as multitasking and folder management However, the launch would not mean much to iPhone 2G users as Steve Jobs has confirmed that iPhone OS 4.0...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sureno13
    Sureno13 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

First post!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahaha

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

More of the typical BULL from Apple about their phones just not being able to handle bla bla bla....but then they turn around and release a NEW model 6 months later than CAN support whatever the last could not??? BULL. Bottom line. Why can my 2G do things it just should not be able to handle doing?? Recording video with sound, mult-tasking??? F.U. Mr. Jobs. Better yet, why can the hacker community bring things to your devices that your OWN programmers cannot??? Surely they make a hell of a lot more $$ AND understand your devices better than these hackers do.

• Gohans
    Gohans Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

If you cannot afford innovation! stop buying phones that you will keep for more than 2 years...
    I bet if Apple allows the new OS to run on older models people will be bitching and crying about why have they released such update! either way people will **** and **** and ****!!!!

• smash
    smash Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

Wonder how many ppl still have 1st gen iphone, it doesnt have gps or 3g ...

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

While I believe that is photoshopped (looks like it, tho I could just spoof version 4 firmware on an iphone 2g easily, it looks off for some reason) I also believe that this is completely possible. of course, you'd need to make it look exactly like a 3g, or the app store would detect it (2G running 4.0? OUTRAGEOUS! *disable*), this seems possible as the 3G has the same hardware as the 2g in all respects but gps and... well the 3g.

• Yeppon Lawyers
    Yeppon Lawyers Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I can afford innovation. But still I need to consider these things since I am not millionaire.
    In addition, the money we spend need to worth why waste it.

• Freegadgets4you UK
    via Wordpress

"this seems possible as the 3G has the same hardware as the 2g in all respects but gps and... well the 3g"

I think not, the whole logic board is different, infact i dont think ANY of the hardware in the 2G is the same as the 3G

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

My post was not about being able to ''afford innovation''. I don't know where that was coming from. Anyway, I own both a 2G and 3G.

• Sureno'isAprick'
    via Wordpress

Your insight into this topic is overwhelming!!
    Now feel free to cut out a star and use a gold crayon to color it in, pin it to your top and wear it to school, ask an adult if the scissors are too sharp for you

• Sureno'isAprick'
    via Wordpress

Your insight into this topic is overwhelming!!
    Now feel free to cut out a star and use a gold crayon to color it in, pin it to your top and wear it to school, ask an adult if the scissors are too sharp for you

• Nj
    Nj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

hmm im wondering why ur not getting mad at technology itself? it's not steve jobs fault that technology advances at such an exponential rate that devices made 4 years ago aren't cutting it performance wise for software created in the present time.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

You can't please all the people all the time :)

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Here is a crazy idea... all iPhone 2g owners, upgrade to a cheap used 3g, 3gs, or iPhone HD!

• anjay
    anjay Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

what a hell....if not possible...den apple must atleast launch a software dat is suited 4 iphone 2g......as dere must b a no. of iphone 2g users throughout d world...!

• cpht
    cpht Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Stop blaming them for trying to do their job: to make money. They're other job is to please the customers and they're doing that pretty well. They have 4 iPhones now its not a surprise that by this time they've dropped support for the 2G.