Connect External Hard Drive To iPad Using Camera Connection Kit

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageConnect External Hard Drive To iPad Using Camera Connection Kit

The camera connection kit for iPad enables iPad users to import photos and videos from a digital camera: using your camera’s USB cable or directly from an SD card. It was available a few weeks after the iPad was launched but since then users have discovered interesting ways to make...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

cool lets turn this sleek machine into a wired warehouse.

• unreal
    unreal Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Starting to become a better machine. When I travel, I travel with 1TB of DVDs ripped to 2x500GB 2.5" drives. 16GB is laughable; my phone has twice that. And 64GB is less than my old ipod.

Next thing: I need the ipad to run normal OSX applications.

Finally, I need a webcam with at least screen resolution.

Essentially, I want a wacom screen combined with the guts of a MBP. Would make the perfect tool for me. *Your* mileage may vary... ;)

Right now I can do that with many meters of cables, a lot of duct tape, and a long extension cord...

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I don't understand why this doesn't come standard on the iPad. I would more than likely buy one if it did. I'm not about to go through all this to do what my laptop already does.

• Rockhampton Lawyers
    via Wordpress

Really cool post I will try this stuff on my mate's Ipad soon.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

two words: modbook pro
    (by axiotron)
    EXACTLY what you're looking for, wacom pen and all. possibly not the webcam tho.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

oh wait, the webcam is still there (640x480 i think tho, but its fine for videochatting and taking videos)

• VampiraQula
    VampiraQula Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I bought the camera connection kit for my ipad yesterday and started connecting anything I had that was USB I found that you can connect an iPod gen 5 and classic to the ipad via this usb connection (it does not come up with this device is unsupported message)then use ifile to access the ipod hdd.Ifile can read all the files on the ipod as flash drive(external HDD).Ifile is able to play the music in the iPod_Control/Music folder and open/edit iTunesDB and .plist files.(Although I would not recommend doing so). I transferred a movie to my classic through my computer then to the ipad from the ipod using the usb adapter and it works great.I would guess you can transfer anything via this method. The movie is only accessible through ifile but it works. I would assume one can transfer files to their respective folders and access them through the proper app.I am going to transfer some other files via this method. I may even free up some more room on my ipods to use as my external HDD.Edit: This method also works with my PSP in usb mode.
  • ShakalHunter
    ShakalHunter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If you have SBSettings (free on Cydia), you can use its USB Mount SBSettings Toggle (also on Cydia) to make the all process as easy as taping on one icon.
  • iPhone Hard Case
    iPhone Hard Case Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm really impressed together with your writing abilities and also with the format on your blog. Is this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to look a nice weblog like this one these days..
  • Ipad
    Ipad Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    [...] is a no-no plus it requires some iOS hacking skillz. If you are interested however the hack is at http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/05/c...ction-kit.html. It is certainly a fantastic way to view and edit your shots more comfortably while you are on the [...]