How To Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch Using Spirit For iPhone OS 3.1.3, iPhone OS 3.1.2 [Mac]

13»

Comments

• Paulo
    Paulo Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

my iphone froze on the apple screen !!! And now either itunes and spirit recognize him !! i've tried to hold the power and the home button but nothing happens!! So if any one knows how to restore to the factory settings please help

• Stacy
    Stacy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Amazing!! Took less than 30 seconds for my 3Gs 3.1.3 and Cydia is working perfectly!! Thanks!!!

• lally
    lally Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

do hard reset on your iphone holding down top button and home screen.

• hound
    hound Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

works great so far

• stigga
    stigga Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Help stuck on the apple logo after Jb with spirit. Tried a reboot and nothing happens.

• stigga
    stigga Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Cancel it has just dropped in.....Strange.;-)

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Brain dead installation. Lovely package interface. Thanks. I did this today after seeing what ATT is charging for tethering.

• Dinky
    Dinky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

thanks the Jailbreak is working perfect, however im still not unlocked, can you tell me how i can get it unlocked with the 3.13 firmware

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

i want to jailbreak it

• shyan
    shyan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You need to quit iTunesHelper before jailbreak where you can goto the "Activity Monitor" to quit the process. Else, there'll be a problem such as hanging at STEP 7.

• Unlucky
    Unlucky Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

did not work for me ... so far.
    it stuck on step 7 for a while and after a reboot it stuck on the apple logo.
    gladly itunes recognized it and i was able to do a recovery.

is this the only tool for hacking 3.1.3?

• Unlucky
    Unlucky Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

me again.

few hours later i tried it again and it worked fine!
    havent done anything different ... dont know why i worked now...

one possible reason:
    as far as i remember, the first time i quited spirit as shown in step 6, right after "Jailbreak complete!" was shown. but it didnt work...

now, i didnt do anything and left the spirit untouched... and it worked.

(note: only the finder was running besides spirit ... at both times)

• Jacob
    Jacob Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I just Jail broke my iPhone 3GS 32 GB with this and it works GREAT, When the white bar is done at the end of the jail break just reboot your iPhone and give it a minute than it will be done.

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

OK so this will STILL not work if your iphone isn't unlocked? Meaning unless you are using a certified carrier you cannot jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3Gs? Just curious. I have a restored unlocked iphone 3Gs on 3.1.3...guess Spirit won't work on it?

• failed
    failed Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Please help...
    Stuck on step #7, reboot, and then stuck on apple logo and iTunes and Spirit don't recognize it.
    Mine is iPhone 3GS, 3.1.3.

• vkirsch
    vkirsch Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how long does it take to complete the jailbreaking process?

• Hannah
    Hannah Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Jailbreaking with spirit was much more difficult for me than in the tutorial above. Like many other users are reporting here, my ip locked up at step 7, showing the progress indicator, where it stayed for at least 30 minutes.

I am describing what happened in some detail to help other users who may get stuck and are afraid they have bricked their ips.

Background: ip 3gs, os 3.1.3 latest bootrom as of 4 july. Mac laptop (OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard) had itunes 9.2, but I uninstalled it and then installed itunes 8.2 instead.
    itunes was set to automatically sync when ip was connected (ie, itunes > preferences > devices > disable automatic syncing - was not selected).
    Created a backup of the ip data using itunes.

Started spirit. Connected ip when instructed (itunes automatically opened). Less than 3 seconds after clicking "jailbreak," "jailbreak complete" message appeared, but ip screen hadn't changed at that point.
    Clicked "quit" spirit. I think at this point "Jailbreak" appeared again - clicked it, then after a few seconds "jailbreak complete" appeared again. Clicked "quit."

Step 7 progress indicator screen appeared and didn't seem to be changing at all for many minutes.
    Disconnected ip from laptop usb. Reconnected. Laptop itunes recognized the ip.
    Tried to restore the saved ip backup through itunes; itunes said backup had been completed, but no change appeared in the progress indicator screen from step 7 on the ip.

Quit itunes. Disconnected ip. Ip wouldn't shut down in response to holding down the on/off button.

After more than 30 minutes, finally got ip to shut down by holding down home button and on/off button together for several seconds.
    Screen went black. Apple logo appeared. After maybe 10 seconds, progress indicator screen reappeared, but this time, there was actual movement in the horizontal bar from left to right showing progress completed.

After that, several more screens I don't recall (something like "reorganizing").

Then ip went to usual home apps screen. Only way I could tell anything was different was that Cydia app was now installed.

• Farah
    Farah Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

help i tried rebooted my phone and its stuck on the apple screen. Please help.

• karry
    karry Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

usefull ipod transfer tool

I can share this with my family

but did this one easy to get virus?

• Vineet
    Vineet Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Just jailbroken a iphone
  • Aju
    Aju Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Spirit is not used to unlock iphone touch or Ipod touch...... It is a software to jailbreak iphone or Ipod so u can get free stuff :D
  • Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress
    I cant believe it actually works! after 2 tries!*IF YOU SEE APPLE LOGO IN THE MIDDLE AFTER REBOOT YOU HAVE HOPE!* 3GS got stuck on the spirit screen with white turning. I quit iTunes on computer and Reboot with power and home button. I ran Run spirit the second time while stuck on the spirit screen. Apple logo was in the middle and then after a couple minutes, the Apple disappears and Ioads up with the colorful screen again LOOK at the white line if it moves then it will jailbreak with Cydia, without any problems after reloading! =) have some patience...
  • Mcjizzy Green
    Mcjizzy Green Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    what happens when you download Spirit, plug in ipod/iphone and it says "Device not supported"? How can you download it then??
  • Rome
    Rome Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i have an ipod touch and it keeps tellin me its not compadable wit my ipod wat to do to jailbreak it?