Android OS Now Ported To iPhone 3G

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAndroid OS Now Ported To iPhone 3G

If you loved the idea of running Android OS on your iPhone then we have an update for you. planetbeing of the iPhone Dev team has just announced that they have now managed to successfully port Android OS to iPhone 3G after initially porting it to the first generation iPhone....

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

**** all of you first posting bitches. I hate you. But I do like the idea of running an alternate OS like Bootcamp on an iPhone 3gS!

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

will be nice once u can get the sound to work on it

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

this is cool cant wait to use android with flash on my iphone 3GS

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

bootcamp is for intel
    never gonna work (tho it works incredibly slowly in bochs on a 3gs, takes like 20 mins to boot win 95, google it if you want it)
    the iphone will only ever run open source os's that run on the arm v6 processor already (open source to make it work for the rest of the phone)

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
  • TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Been following this for a while, makes me want my old 3G back (until they port to the Gs that is)
    I know it's not OS version dependant as it runs Only one OS, either iPhone Or Android so hopefully it will eventually hit the Gs.
    Quite looking forward to seeing how Jobs reacts to users running around with this onboard :-)

• Marco
    Marco Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

cmonn 3gs : D. Looks awsome, if someon can get this on an ipad it'll be a killer and probably bring a huge market to the iPad. :D

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

this is absolutely insane!!! just imagine the possibilities!! im ecstatic

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Imagine this...

Apple allows android as a dual boot on the iphone in exhange for android connecting/buying from itunes.

Great business for both companies.

• velayo
    velayo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

This is sure to come in handy when apple decides to dump the 3G, just after they release the new 4g iphone. If matured we could keep a fully functional up to date phone for free. I really love open source!

• Tagart
    Tagart Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Z dude, he made a reference to bootcamp, I don't think he means bootcamp particularly.

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

Yes, that's right. I didn't necessarily mean bootcamp, but something like it. I guess I don't really know what I'm talking about. I would be neat to see how the OS runs in an iPhone, but be able to keep your existing OS as well.

• hasko
    hasko Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

this sucks. what's the point of runnind android on iphone. first of all, i think the hacker or developers of iphone or inventors should find a good UNLOCKING software for the most sounded firmware 05.12.01 which came along with the latest firmware 3.1.3 before the release of 4.0 beta version. i think all the famous hackers and developers are sleeping or got stuck their mind with the release of this firmware 3.1.3. WHY shouldn't they find an UNLOCK TOOL? WHY? i think they are playing with the iphone users around the world saying comming soon, working. what we need is a carrier unlock for the modem firmware. NOT such idiot messages on WEBSITEs "& BLOGS. we have come to known that there no way or REVERTING back of OS 3.1.3 to 3.1.2. This is sad for those who dont have much knowledge on iphone. Those who are unlucky to save SHSH on the servers, they got failed. we, the iphone users are always dependable with the hackers around the world. i think they have to think about the users who got fed up with this BIG ISSUE. Apple Inc, also have to think about this massive problem faced by their release of 3.1.3 with disgusting baseband with the boorloader 6.4. THINK wisely, whether hacker or the manufacturer of Apple iPhones or developers of Applications.
    Hoping for atlest to look for such messages sent on such sites.

bye

-hasko-

• Bugz
    Bugz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Iphone is the most beautiful brick I have even seen. It's more for show and not to get things done. Things that my Iphone 4 32gb can't do or don't have: Copy to sim, be a mass storage for data/files, external micro sim, Bluetooth a ring tone, use my mp3 as a ring tone, I could only access via I tunes, sync hotmail accnts..Etc By the way, all of the above is possible via a 10 year old simple phone. Iphone is a B**** and then you die, so try to get a piece of Android's open pie.
  • ibm
    ibm Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i whant to use android on my 3g iphone (carrier unlock)can some one helpe me out with my question my question is if use indroid on my unlock 3g will it lock my carrier?