BTStack GPS App Allows Users To Add GPS To Jailbroken Wi-Fi iPad

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBTStack GPS App Allows Users To Add GPS To Jailbroken Wi-Fi iPad

The Wi-Fi iPad unlike Wi-Fi+3G iPad model is not equipped with GPS. iPhone and now iPad hacking expert, Matthias Ringwald has developed an application that allows users to add GPS to their iPad. Ringwald is the developer behind the popular jailbreak app - BTStack Keyboard that lets users of jailbroken...

Read the full story here

Comments

• aggitated......
    aggitated...... Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hello, this is just so noone can say first....

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

This is the type of functionality that should be built in. I am hoping the jailbreak community will also add bluetooth access points (e.g. phone) and maybe further bluetooth functionality. It is just a matter of having a crippled bluetooth stack on the iPad so Apple can continue to make money.

Haven't got an iPad now, but if I can tether to my cell phone via bluetooth like my laptop can, and also use my external bluetooth GPS like my 5 year old Axim, I might consider it. Still hate that you have to pay $200 extra for an extra 48gb of flash drive space just because memory is not expandable.

• Dwigt
    Dwigt Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • Tebonin
    Tebonin Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

I am really looking forward the jailbreak has more news stuffs coming。 I am counting on them.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

12 months time, ipad will have a GPS module
    What's on offer at the moment is still an infant device.

• RDS
    RDS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Works like a charm. Spent $20 on external GPS and $5 for BTStack software for a total of $25. Added MyWi on my iphone 4 and now I have a 3G iPad. Saved myself $80 not including what my data charges would have been.

Jailbreak FTW!